New Poster Here!

General Chit Chat about Sinclair Computers and their Clones
Zedex

New Poster Here!

Post by Zedex »

Hello Everyone.
So glad to find this forum. I have a ZX81 boxed in working condition and a ZX81 which is in the garage which doesn't work. But I leave it out to look at it every now and then. I have several games including the excellent 3D Monster Maze and Flight Simulator. I had a ZX81 in 1984 for my 13th birthday and spend hours on in programming it in Basic and playing 1k chess. The following Xmas I spent hours around the Potteries and other area's of the West Midlands (my dad travelled a lot in his job) searching for a 16k ram pack only to be told 'we don't stock them anymore'. I finally found one in WH Smith in Walsall, by then I had given up and couldn't believe my eyes when I saw it hanging up there. Then I was away, Football Manager, 3D Monster Maze and Software Farm games. I was miles behind the rest of my friends who by then had Spectrums and Commodores but we weren't well off by any means and I quietly carried on with the 81. I wrote a few programs of my own in Basic also, a pools predictor program for my dad to start. This was very random but was still better than my old man's efforts!!
Anyway, it's still boxed and working and I occasionally get it out and fire it up. My lad thinks its something out of the stone age. Which is most weird because we are from the dawn of home computing, aren't we?
Glad to meet you all!!!
sirmorris

Re: New Poster Here!

Post by sirmorris »

Hi Zedex! Welcome aboard :D

This sounds like a very familiar story :lol:
1024MAK

Post by 1024MAK »

Welcome to the forum Zedex!

:D :D :D

Mark
ZX81 Variations
ZX81 Chip Pin-outs
ZX81 Video Transistor Buffer Amp

:!: Standby alert :!:
There are four lights!
Step up to red alert. Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb :!:
Looking forward to summer later in the year.
RetroTechie

Post by RetroTechie »

Welcome here, Zedex!
Zedex wrote:My lad thinks its something out of the stone age.
Your lad is right. :lol: Which is exactly one of the (many!) reasons that makes it fun!

If you don't understand that, retro computing isn't for you... :roll:
RWAP

Post by RWAP »

Welcome to the forums - I am from Walsall but used to get my stuff from the ZX Shop in Bloxwich :D