THE ZX81 POCKET BOOK

General Chit Chat about Sinclair Computers and their Clones
gus

THE ZX81 POCKET BOOK

Post by gus »

Hi,
searching info about text adventures for the zx81 I found that the book "The ZX81 Pocket Book" comes with a software that let you make some adventures... I do download the P file and I will take a look at it....

http://www.zx81stuff.org.uk/zx81/genera ... tBook.html

Does anybody have a copy of this book ? maybe Bruno ? and like to scan/post the chapter about advent ???

Thanks,
Gus
gus

Re: THE ZX81 POCKET BOOK

Post by gus »

mmmm bad start, the software has a undefined variable.... :) :) :)
Mike

Post by Mike »

I haven't got a copy, but around 15 years ago I borrowed it from my local library and kept it for 6 months...

The Adventure system in the book does work. There are a number of adventures written with it - the only name I can think of atm is "greedy gulch". Oh, hang on a min... all the adventures on this tape:

http://zx81stuff.org.uk/zx81/generated/ ... Tape1.html

were written with it.

IIRC, you needed to set up all the variables then save the program, starting it with a GOTO (not RUN) so you didn't delete them again.

Mike
BrunoFlorindo

Post by BrunoFlorindo »

I don't have this book, yet. :)
hldswrth

Post by hldswrth »

I'm sure I've got several spare copies of the book, can let you have one for postage and packing cost.

I've actually got a big backlog of books, tapes and hardware to list on eBay, just trying to finish my next web site update (>50 new tapes to add, hopefully publish the update before the end of this week).

Just noticed trying to run this program using my emulator applet that the index into the .TZX.ZIP file is screwed up - tracks > 9 get sorted between track 1 and 2 etc. so track at index 32 is actually track 8 or something. I'll have to figure out how to fix that...

Cheers, Simon
ZX81 and TS1000 Tape, Book and Hardware Collection: www.zx81stuff.org.uk
sirmorris

Post by sirmorris »

Have you got a copy of 'ins and outs of zx81 hardware' I think it's called?

I'd be interested if you had one to sell. There's new ones on the bay of E but I think they're all overpriced.

C
gus

Post by gus »

hldswrth wrote:I'm sure I've got several spare copies of the book, can let you have one for postage and packing cost.

I've actually got a big backlog of books, tapes and hardware to list on eBay, just trying to finish my next web site update (>50 new tapes to add, hopefully publish the update before the end of this week).

Just noticed trying to run this program using my emulator applet that the index into the .TZX.ZIP file is screwed up - tracks > 9 get sorted between track 1 and 2 etc. so track at index 32 is actually track 8 or something. I'll have to figure out how to fix that...

Cheers, Simon
Hi Simon,
First of all, a millon thanks for the superb work in your site !!! it's really good !!! :)

Well please let me know how can I buy a copy from you, and of course of any other book that you have to sell,

Take care,
Gus