Ron Bissell - I am looking for he.

A place to discuss the ZX80's and ZX81's younger brother - the Sinclair ZX Spectrum
Villordsutch

Ron Bissell - I am looking for he.

Post by Villordsutch » Sun Jan 08, 2017 5:37 pm

I am on the search for a number of people involved in the world of Sinclair one being Ron Bissell, who developed the flicker-free technique on the ZX80 and also the pseudo hi-res technique on the ZX81.

Does anybody know his whereabouts and if he'd be available up for a few words?
Senior Staff Writer at FlickeringMyth.com
Check out my Classic Gaming YouTube Channel here - https://www.youtube.com/user/villordsutch

JessicaBissell1985

Re: Ron Bissell - I am looking for he.

Post by JessicaBissell1985 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:44 pm

Hello I am The Ron Bissell’s youngest daughter, I regret to inform you that my father passed away in 2004, if I can be of any assistance please don’t hesitate to ask.

RWAP
Site Admin

Post by RWAP » Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:00 am

Hi Jessica,

Thank you for the speedy response - I am sorry to hear of your news. Your father's contribution to the ZX80 and ZX81 were true innovations in the early days of computing and transformed the expectations of many a home computer user.

I remember the first time that I saw hi-res computer games (by Software Farm) on the Sinclair ZX81 - I was truly blown away, having only played games on the ZX81 with graphics made from different characters previously.

JessicaBissell1985

Post by JessicaBissell1985 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 3:40 pm

That is truly wonderful to hear, thank you, my dad was a genius but a very overly modest man so it’s amazing to know his work has not gone unnoticed in spite of this, your message has made my Christmas 😊 thank you again.

Jessica