Ron Bissell - I am looking for he.

A place to discuss the ZX80's and ZX81's younger brother - the Sinclair ZX Spectrum
Villordsutch

Ron Bissell - I am looking for he.

Post by Villordsutch »

I am on the search for a number of people involved in the world of Sinclair one being Ron Bissell, who developed the flicker-free technique on the ZX80 and also the pseudo hi-res technique on the ZX81.

Does anybody know his whereabouts and if he'd be available up for a few words?
Senior Staff Writer at FlickeringMyth.com
Check out my Classic Gaming YouTube Channel here - https://www.youtube.com/user/villordsutch
JessicaBissell1985

Re: Ron Bissell - I am looking for he.

Post by JessicaBissell1985 »

Hello I am The Ron Bissell’s youngest daughter, I regret to inform you that my father passed away in 2004, if I can be of any assistance please don’t hesitate to ask.
RWAP

Post by RWAP »

Hi Jessica,

Thank you for the speedy response - I am sorry to hear of your news. Your father's contribution to the ZX80 and ZX81 were true innovations in the early days of computing and transformed the expectations of many a home computer user.

I remember the first time that I saw hi-res computer games (by Software Farm) on the Sinclair ZX81 - I was truly blown away, having only played games on the ZX81 with graphics made from different characters previously.
JessicaBissell1985

Post by JessicaBissell1985 »

That is truly wonderful to hear, thank you, my dad was a genius but a very overly modest man so it’s amazing to know his work has not gone unnoticed in spite of this, your message has made my Christmas 😊 thank you again.

Jessica
Villordsutch

Post by Villordsutch »

Jessica,

I'm really sorry to hear this news. Thank you for offering further assistance on what he brought to the Sinclair machines. I'll post back here shortly if that's okay?
Senior Staff Writer at FlickeringMyth.com
Check out my Classic Gaming YouTube Channel here - https://www.youtube.com/user/villordsutch
Fruitcake

Post by Fruitcake »

Hi Jessica

Should you visit these forums again, I've sent you a private message which you'll need to log in to access.