ZX Spectrum Next

A place to discuss the ZX80's and ZX81's younger brother - the Sinclair ZX Spectrum
Paul

Re: ZX Spectrum Next

Post by Paul » Sat May 20, 2017 5:59 pm

There have been many features added.
Its now using a XC6SLX16and gets 1 MB RAM
Right now we are heading to the 600000 pound stretch goal :mrgreen:
In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in practice, there is.

gammaray

Post by gammaray » Sun May 21, 2017 3:14 am

I just realized that I don't have L300 to support kickstarter.

Does anyone think/know/expect that they will make extra units available for purchase after the campaign ends?
Finish what you start. Truth is over the mountaintop or six feet under.
4 x TS1000, 2 x TS1500 , 2 x timex 2040 printer, 1/2 x timex 2020 cassette deck, ZXPAND, ZeddyNET, ZXBlast..., unfinished Spectrum...Still no life!

Paul

Post by Paul » Sun May 21, 2017 7:57 am

It's part of the policy not to ensure this otherwise there would be many potential bakers waiting if will be realized.
Even now, at more than 612000 Pounds we don't know if it really comes to reality.
Its a bet. You can win or you can loose.
If the spectrum Next will be delivered to the bakers it's possible they also sell these at a higher price later on.
At the moment the more persons bake the spectrum next the more likely it is they really deliver what they promise.
By the way, I know SINTECH has baked some of these to sell later. Maybe you can get on a waiting list at SINTECH?
In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in practice, there is.