Divmmc enjoy - snapshot save

Johntag

Divmmc enjoy - snapshot save

Post by Johntag »

Hi there

Can you please please please help :)

I recently bought a zed x 48 k rubber keys with the fantastic bytedelight divmmc with 8 gb sdcard
It s all performing well except i can not save a snapshot of any game
It gives me an error and creates a snapshot file with 0 kb

Can some kind soul share some light :)
Thank you

Also, i am using an av composite to scart to a lcd but the image is not so great
Can i use some kind of hdmi adapter and if so wich do you recomend
Lardo Boffin

Re: Divmmc enjoy - snapshot save

Post by Lardo Boffin »

I only have a zaxxon DIVMMC and that saves fine when pressing R (I think, but possibly S - not used it in a while). I'm pretty sure I had to set jumpers on it for the correct kind of spectrum before it worked though as it supports 48 and 128K. It's worth checking they are ok on yours if you have any.

Also load and saving will undoubtedly use different tracks on the edge connector. Give them a good clean!

Presumably the sd card is ok? They can be problematic - on occasion I have had to copy everything off it, reformat it and copy everything back again to get it working.

Have you tried typing in a simple program and saving it to the MMC? If that does work then I would imagine it is not the card or the edge connector.

As for the picture.... I have the same - the composite via a scart adaptor is poor. The 'dot crawl' is terrible.
You could try getting a dedicated comp to scart cable (I.e. not a cable plus adaptor) which may help a bit but probably not much.

You could also try http://www.fruitcake.plus.com/Sinclair/ ... bility.htm
Not got one or sure whether it would work with your MMC but you could ask the guy who sells them.

I solved my problem by buying a toastrack with the RGB out and it has a perfect picture.... :lol:
ZX80
ZX81 iss 1 (bugged ROM, kludge fix, normal, rebuilt)
TS 1000 iss 3, ZXPand AY and +, ZX8-CCB, ZX-KDLX & ChromaSCART
Tatung 81 + Wespi
TS 1500 & 2000
Spectrum 16k (iss 1 s/n 862)
Spectrum 48ks plus a DIVMMC future and SPECTRA
1024MAK

Re: Divmmc enjoy - snapshot save

Post by 1024MAK »

The dot crawl on the 16k and 48k ZX Spectrum computers is due to a limitation of the circuit design. It is caused by the colour encoder chip using a completely different crystal oscillator while the rest of the picture is generated by the ULA using the main crystal oscillator.

Mark
ZX81 Variations
ZX81 Chip Pin-outs
ZX81 Video Transistor Buffer Amp

:!: Standby alert :!:
There are four lights!
Step up to red alert. Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb :!:
Looking forward to summer later in the year.