Hello and thanks.

Introduce yourself to your fellow forum members - what was your journey into the Sinclair world?
Tom Mann Centuria

Hello and thanks.

Post by Tom Mann Centuria »

Hi all, thanks for letting me into the group. Only just got my first ever zx81 (there was one in the house when I was growing up but that belonged to my brother) and looking forward to playing some games on it and general tinkering. Roman Empire is first port of call (when I get a ram pack) remember vividly watching my brother play that, with occasional ram pack wobble undoing all his hard work!
gammaray

Re: Hello and thanks.

Post by gammaray »

Hello!

There are many options for memory:

1. On board chip modification for 16K or 32K of memory - soldering skills needed
2. A modern ZXPand or ZXBlast which have storage options for program files
3. An Ebay sold 16K external memory pack usually sold with another ZX81 or TS1000

Regards.
5-TS1000,UK ZX81<-Sheelagh, US ZX81, 2-TS1500/KDLX , 3-TS2040 printer, 2-TS2020 cassette decks, ZXPAND+AY, ZeddyNET, ZXBlast, UDG, ZX8CCB, AERCO, BUILDS/REPAIRS ZX Spectrum, ZX80 Minstrel, ZXMAX48 v1 v2, 2-TS-2068, ROM, 16kRAM
RWAP

Post by RWAP »

Welcome to the forums - I can't say I remember a game called 'Roman Empire' though....
Moggy

Post by Moggy »

RWAP wrote: Sat May 06, 2017 12:51 pm Welcome to the forums - I can't say I remember a game called 'Roman Empire' though....
I'm 99% certain I have it somewhere.

Welcome aboard Tom always nice to have new members. :D
Tom Mann Centuria

Thanks for the welcome, think I'll probably go down the 16k ram pack from ebay idea initially before looking at zxblast or zxpand. I have a tzxduino with latest firmware for my Spectrum so I'll have a crack at loading games that way.

Roman Empire was from Lothlorien, a text only affair.
Moggy

Post by Moggy »

It was and can be downloaded from this excellent site. :D

http://www.zx81stuff.org.uk/zx81/tape/RomanEmpire
Tom Mann Centuria

Wow, that's a fantastic site, thanks for the link.