ZX81 books, software, ram packs, boards to give away

Introduce yourself to your fellow forum members - what was your journey into the Sinclair world?
amadill99

ZX81 books, software, ram packs, boards to give away

Post by amadill99 »

My first computer was the TS ZX81 that I built from a kit back in about 1981. I've since made a career in IT, still doing it after some 30 years. The computer ended up being heavily hacked with an external keyboard, power supply, filters for the cassette inputs. I've often said that it was the first and last computer that I totally understood, having disassembled and mostly understood the 2k of ROM that ran the system. (The other 6k was compiled Forth that did the floating point routines.) Anyway, I'm cleaning up and was about to throw all of that stuff in the trash. Just out of curiosity I started to look up the availability of the issues of Sync magazine and that led me here. It still has to go but if anyone wants to pay the shipping you are welcome to what I have. I would say that it all would fit into a box the size that copy paper comes in. Two 16k, one 64k RAM packs, one intact ZX81 with a damaged connector from the keyboard, many cassettes (Forth, Assemblers, Chess etc), magazines, books and so forth.
RWAP

Re: ZX81 books, software, ram packs, boards to give away

Post by RWAP »

Thank you for the kind offer - I am sure someone will take you up on the offer.

Whereabouts in the World are you?
amadill99

Re: ZX81 books, software, ram packs, boards to give away

Post by amadill99 »

I'm in western Canada, British Columbia. Here is a picture of my somewhat hacked TS ZX-81
IMG_20171203_120724.jpg
(2.05 MiB) Downloaded 216 times

That one didn't work when I plugged it in but the stock one did. Unfortunately the ribbon cable to the keyboard is damaged on it and when I replaced it with the one that was grafted onto the hacked unit it still didn't function. Here is a treasure.
IMG_20171203_145025.jpg
(1.8 MiB) Downloaded 216 times