EO-X 3.5

Emulator and emulator development specific topics
MOB-i-L

Re: EO-X 3.5

Post by MOB-i-L »

I could not run EO-X on Windows 2000. When I start it I get "EightyOne.exe - Entry Point Not Found": "The procedure entry point DecodePointer could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll." On the same computer the original EightyOne 1.0a runs. I think this is because EO-X has been compiled for XP or higher. Could you not compile it so that it runs on W2kSP4 and perhaps also W98SE and W95C. One can't install more RAM in some computers to run newer operating systems but they could still be used to run emulators. Since I have a hardware firewall I'm not worried about security problems with the older Windows versions.

EO-X works in Ubuntu 10.04 LTS using Wine. I've not tested EO-X or EightyOne-1.0a in ReactOS because ReactOS could not read my HDD.
siggi

Post by siggi »

I just downloaded the current(?) version using the link in the first post. I tried to start a SPECCY16K, but the Speccy doesn't boot ...
Is there something broken?

Siggi
My ZX81 web-server: online since 2007, running since dec. 2020 using ZeddyNet hardware
http://zx81.ddns.net/ZxTeaM
sirmorris

Post by sirmorris »

I'm only distributing the files which were patched; you'll need to install this over the top of a normal 1.0a set.

C