Sandy's Treasure Hunt ZX-81

General games-related topics
Ed in SoDak

Sandy's Treasure Hunt ZX-81

Post by Ed in SoDak »

This game is a Hero versus Monster game. It got its start as a listing in some magazine I picked up back in the mid-80's. It wasn't bad as originally written, but some of it was frustrating to play. So I did some extensive embellishing, adding a map to the caves and movements in all 8 directions instead of only 4. Arrows got a grenade upgrade. If things get really tough, you can self-destruct. A few user options were added to adjust the challenge plus a few things you might discover while playing it by accident or experimenting.

It's been many years since I've played it, but I've never forgotten the fun I had coding and hacking away on it. I named it Sandy's Treasure Hunt in a hopeful ruse to get my wife to try the new-fangled TS-1000. She finally tried it, just to shut me up. :lol: She didn't get into gaming until Candy Crush on Facebook came along.

Just a few days ago I finally figured out how to port my old tapes to the ZXSP emulator on my Mac. (Thanks, Ian!) So now I can share my re-creation with someone besides my dog!

-Ed
TreasureHunt4.p
(12.64 KiB) Downloaded 189 times
map.jpg
map.jpg (22.6 KiB) Viewed 1584 times
Room4.jpg
Room4.jpg (15.98 KiB) Viewed 1584 times
sirmorris

Re: Sandy's Treasure Hunt ZX-81

Post by sirmorris »

Looks good :D