Dallas with UDG's

General games-related topics
Moggy

Dallas with UDG's

Post by Moggy »

this is a simulation that should be familiar to most of you,by CCS http://www.zx81stuff.org.uk/zx81/tape/Dallas(French),in which you try your hand at the oil business.
I tarted it up a bit with a new font and some basic UDG's for use with the UDG board or Eighty One in ZXpand mode and CHR$16.

The instructions are for the Spectrum version but work well enough for this version.
Attachments
DALLUDG.zip
(10.03 KiB) Downloaded 221 times
Andy Rea

Re: Dallas with UDG's

Post by Andy Rea »

Very good, I'm glad that your having fun :)

if i could be so bold as to make a suggestion, if you are only using 1 character set you could save a custom block in this case you've used set 0 so the custom save would be DALLAS,UDG;8192,512 and then loa it back in the usual way.

it would save 7.5k on that terrabyte SD card :lol: :lol: :lol:

Regards Andy.

p.s using more than 2 sets is nearly as easy, just poke 16515,34 ( set 2 ) then rand use 16514..... but you knew that ddin't ya
what's that Smell.... smells like fresh flux and solder fumes...
Moggy

Re: Dallas with UDG's

Post by Moggy »

Andy Rea wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:24 pm Very good, I'm glad that your having fun :)

if i could be so bold as to make a suggestion, if you are only using 1 character set you could save a custom block in this case you've used set 0 so the custom save would be DALLAS,UDG;8192,512 and then loa it back in the usual way.

it would save 7.5k on that terrabyte SD card :lol: :lol: :lol:

Regards Andy.

p.s using more than 2 sets is nearly as easy, just poke 16515,34 ( set 2 ) then rand use 16514..... but you knew that ddin't ya
Keep suggesting Andy I need all the help I can get!!
I certainly didn't know about the second set thing so cheers for that buddy.

I want to try and convert some M/code programs but don't know where to start what with all the REMS and what have you. :lol:

Life is very sweet at the moment what with a AY/turbo/MIDI spand and now UDG's absolutely bloody fantastic old son!!