Moon Patrol

General games-related topics
Bean

Re: Moon Patrol

Post by Bean »

Use
; Jump = 1,Q,A,zero,P,enter,space
; Shoot = 2,W,S,Z,9,O,L,period

Ship moves and launches bomb that create craters. You can shoot the ship.
If you don't jump a crater, you get returned to BASIC.

Comments Welcome...
Bean
Attachments
moonpatrol3.p
(1.71 KiB) Downloaded 395 times
Moggy

Post by Moggy »

Thanks Bean will try tonight and work on some UDGs. :D
sirmorris

Post by sirmorris »

Looks good! Are you likely to open the source? Benefits are that you can get constructive criticism from the community. Disadvantages are that the community keeps making constructive critiques :lol:
Bean

Post by Bean »

Sirmorris,
I will post the source after I get a little further along. It's kind of a mess right now as I am just "making it work".

Actually what the heck, here it is...

Bean

P.S. What I could use is some help with the graphics, I'm not an artistic person...
Attachments
moonpatrol3.asm
(15.88 KiB) Downloaded 373 times
sirmorris

Post by sirmorris »

The graphics look fine to me. Are you interested in getting more designs? I think in 2x2 characters you can do a few good ones.
Moggy

Post by Moggy »

I've done some rudimentary UDGs for this but the problem I'm having is that the same CHR$ are used for the sky, moon surface and part of the Vehicle so creating a UDG for one makes the others look odd. likewise part of the crater is also using the same CHR as the vertical firing missile so after the bomb drops the crater consists of a bit of space plus missile.

Unfortunately as its self running I can't get at the graphics and an ASM listing might as well be in Greek as my simple grasp of all things assembler is virtually nil. :oops:

The only way a simpleton like myself could convert this is for the moon buggy,missiles and the crater to be built up of different-not used-elsewhere CHR$ no matter how ridiculous it may look at first before converting.

The wheels are ok and I think I've managed a nice movement effect.
gammaray

Post by gammaray »

By Moggy:
Unfortunately as its self running I can't get at the graphics and an ASM listing might as well be in Greek as my simple grasp of all things assembler is virtually nil. :oops:
I believe Z'pand has a STOP feature if you own one. There are other POKE codes to stop mentioned in this forum though I can't find it right off hand.
:)

Found it...

http://sinclairzxworld.com/viewtopic.ph ... stop#p2913
5-TS1000,UK ZX81<-Sheelagh, US ZX81, 2-TS1500/KDLX , 3-TS2040 printer, 2-TS2020 cassette decks, ZXPAND+AY, ZeddyNET, ZXBlast, UDG, ZX8CCB, AERCO, BUILDS/REPAIRS ZX Spectrum, ZX80 Minstrel, ZXMAX48 v1 v2, 2-TS-2068, ROM, 16kRAM
Bean

Post by Bean »

Moggy,
I will make the characters different so the UDG can work better.
I'll use inverse periods for the top section, etc...

Bean
Moggy

Post by Moggy »

Many thanks for that Bean, but please don't let it intefere with any designs you have for a standard graphics game. :D
gammaray

Post by gammaray »

What about making the sky inverse space (maybe with occasional inverse period), the ground (white) as regular space, and the mountain halftone graphic, and the car and bullet half character grey halftone, half black to match mountain?
zx81gr.gif
zx81gr.gif (4.69 KiB) Viewed 9082 times
If I am just a camel, let me know.
5-TS1000,UK ZX81<-Sheelagh, US ZX81, 2-TS1500/KDLX , 3-TS2040 printer, 2-TS2020 cassette decks, ZXPAND+AY, ZeddyNET, ZXBlast, UDG, ZX8CCB, AERCO, BUILDS/REPAIRS ZX Spectrum, ZX80 Minstrel, ZXMAX48 v1 v2, 2-TS-2068, ROM, 16kRAM