Anyone with a ZX80?

Any discussions related to the creation of new hardware or software for the ZX80 or ZX81
nollkolltroll

Anyone with a ZX80?

Post by nollkolltroll »

I have just ported my VBARS-demo to the ZX80, but as I only have EightyOne to test on I have no idea if it works properly in real life.
Any volunteer with one or more PAL monitors/TVs (the more the merrier) who can help me test the demo on real hardware?
/Adam
Moggy

Re: Anyone with a ZX80?

Post by Moggy »

If you put the O file on thread I will test in the morning then report back.
I have Karl's video device as well as modulator so can test on AV and normal TV.
nollkolltroll

Post by nollkolltroll »

Here it is:

[edit]: removed the file, it does not work on real HW
Last edited by nollkolltroll on Mon Nov 02, 2015 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
/Adam
Moggy

Post by Moggy »

Tried it this afternoon using Pokemons video board and AV input on CRT TV.
All I got was a black screen with just enough white screen at the top few lines to see a few vertical pixels worth of the bars doing their stuff so a failure for me art least. :(

Was going to try using modulator and B/W TV but then realised I had removed the innards of the modulator to make it a permanent AV set-up.
PokeMon

Post by PokeMon »

Moggy wrote:Tried it this afternoon using Pokemons video board and AV input on CRT TV.
All I got was a black screen with just enough white screen at the top few lines to see a few vertical pixels worth of the bars doing their stuff so a failure for me art least. :(
The module is not working any more or just not with the program you tried ? :shock:
Moggy

Post by Moggy »

Whoops sorry Karl, no the board works superbly as always, just this program at fault. :)

I even tested with other constant display programs (pacman Kong etc) just to be on the safe side.
nollkolltroll

Post by nollkolltroll »

That was disappointing. Well without a zx80 I won't be able to debug what's happening.
Thanks for testing Moggy!
/Adam
nollkolltroll

Post by nollkolltroll »

It just hit me: can the zx80 do true hires from the internal ram? Otherwise this will not work.
/Adam
Moggy

Post by Moggy »

I was using it with ZXpand which as far as I know handles Hi-res.
nollkolltroll

Post by nollkolltroll »

Hm, I re-read some docs and found a possible error. I was using OUT ($FE),A, which I changed to OUT ($FF),A to end VSync. I hope it helps.
It would be helpful with a screenshot (camera?) to see what is going on if it fails.

[edit]: removed the file, it does not work on real HW
Last edited by nollkolltroll on Mon Nov 02, 2015 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
/Adam