ZX80 porting of Super Micro Chess 1K

Any discussions related to the creation of new hardware or software for the ZX80 or ZX81
Moggy

Re: ZX80 porting of Super Micro Chess 1K

Post by Moggy » Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:34 pm

Hi Sefano.

Yes I would be happy to debug test versions on real ZX80 so please do post them here as I'm sure others will be glad to help too. :D

Best Regards.

Moggy.

marste

Post by marste » Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:18 pm

I already tested the running on real hardware time ago with a standard cassette load, both the standard and the flicker free versions (that infact I had to correct a bit for timing), and they were starting and appearing correctly on the screen! Hope they still work since I didn't change much that should interfere.

The debugging is now more on "strange moves" that are sometime computed as best one (especially the "suicidal" ones) and/or king checkings. I've to understand when it is happening and then why...

Attached two of the version for ZX80. They are both for "flexible play" (meaning you can choose each move if it is to compute automatically or define yourself the move). They differ for the display routine used (standard or flicker-free) and the deep of calculation / reaction time. Just load and then "RUN".
Attachments
1kRealChess80ff-F25-a.o
(947 Bytes) Downloaded 9 times
1kRealChess80-F37-a1.o
(916 Bytes) Downloaded 7 times

marste

Post by marste » Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:18 am

PS: yesterday evening I run a deep debugging session and I identified that the problem is in the alfa beta implementation

I think this weekend I'll get a new (hopefully working) version.

Cheeers!
_Stefano

Moggy

Post by Moggy » Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:45 pm

Excellent work Stefano. :D

The black square with white dot is a good choice and the flicker cursor version is the best one visually I think.

Regards.

Moggy.