UDG designer

Any discussions related to the creation of new hardware or software for the ZX80 or ZX81
Andy Rea

UDG designer

Post by Andy Rea »

With some on and off coding time, mostly off :lol: i am releasing this first version of the UDG designer.

I would like your idea's and suggestions on how to make the program more friendly. it is a hybrid basic / machine code program with all loads and saves are done in basic so adapting to various storage solutions shouldn't be too hard.

in the zip is a readme file udgread,txt, you are invited to read it first as it has some important information including what no less than 16 keys do ! ( honestly its easier than you are imagining right now ! )

regards Andy
UDGDES02.ZIP
(7.6 KiB) Downloaded 309 times
Last edited by Andy Rea on Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
what's that Smell.... smells like fresh flux and solder fumes...
Moggy

Re: UDG designer

Post by Moggy »

How the hell did I miss this!!?

Will try it, then report back.
Moggy

Post by Moggy »

Just had a rudimentary play with this and to say it's impressive is an understatement.
It will take some time for someone like myself to get to grips with its finer points but for the more advanced users on this forum I can see this being yet another useful tool for our beloved little computer.

I am going to have a lot of bloody fun with this top marks Andy. :ugeek:

One unusual thing I have noticed is that the UDG board disables the text reader in ZXpand commander which I was going to use to read the instructions before getting stuck in.
Andy Rea

Post by Andy Rea »

Moggy wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:07 pm One unusual thing I have noticed is that the UDG board disables the text reader in ZXpand commander which I was going to use to read the instructions before getting stuck in.
oh this is unexpected :o so of course i had to try it myself.... And what do you know i also get a blank screen... curious i thought until i realized that the text viewer has its own 40 column display driver running in WRX :lol: so it works just dandy with the link removed....

HTH Andy
Moggy

Post by Moggy »

Andy Rea wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:24 pm
Moggy wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:07 pm One unusual thing I have noticed is that the UDG board disables the text reader in ZXpand commander which I was going to use to read the instructions before getting stuck in.
oh this is unexpected :o so of course i had to try it myself.... And what do you know i also get a blank screen... curious i thought until i realized that the text viewer has its own 40 column display driver running in WRX :lol: so it works just dandy with the link removed....

HTH Andy
I figured as much,Andy just thought I'd point it out.

I am loving this designer by the way. :D
mrtinb

Post by mrtinb »

Is it possible to change the jumper for none/64/128 while running, or should the ZX81 be turned off?
Martin
https://zx.rtin.be
ZX81, Lambda 8300, Commodore 64, Mac G4 Cube
Andy Rea

Post by Andy Rea »

you can move the jumper whilst powered up, the success or failure of doing so is entirely a result of how physically stable your setup is ( see rampack wobble for further info :lol: :lol: :lol: )

hth Andy
Moggy

Post by Moggy »

I was wondering about that too. :lol:
mrtinb

Post by mrtinb »

If it'll work like RAM pack wobble, the answer is: No you cannot change the jumper while running.
Martin
https://zx.rtin.be
ZX81, Lambda 8300, Commodore 64, Mac G4 Cube
Andy Rea

Post by Andy Rea »

Hmmm if switching modes on the fly is an absolute necessity for some then maybe an "on-off-on" 3 position switch could be plugged in on a flying lead and would eliminate and "wobble" that could cause a "crash"

regards Andy