Speaker VS Buzzer VS Beeper

Any discussions related to the creation of new hardware or software for the ZX80 or ZX81
xubuntu

Speaker VS Buzzer VS Beeper

Post by xubuntu »

Hi

I believe there is the option to install a beeper on the zx81 and make sounds, right?

You connect the beeper where? On the same port as the mic? Simple as that? With a little amplifier before the speaker?

That is the same way of making sound with the eightyone emulator by enabling the "sound beeper" without any other additional circutry, right?

What's the difference between buzzer, speaker and beeper?

Does a buzzer make only "trrrrr"?

But since the beeper makes different sounds of different frequencies then I guess the beeper is a speaker right ?

Anyway, by using the ULA to make sounds, we get waves on the screen, because it uses the syncing port, right ?

Is there a way to get a sound WITHOUT distrorting the video signal? I guess not.

So in order to make a sound WITHOUT distorting the video signal we need an IO chip, right?

So we could connect an IO chip and a SPEAKER and then get sounds without distorting the video signal, right?

Please don't refer to options with sound chips.

I am looking for the most minimal way to produce sounds, beeps even, WITHOUT distorting the screen and with the most minimal citruitry possible.

Thank you
mrtinb

Re: Speaker VS Buzzer VS Beeper

Post by mrtinb »

With project 5 on page 54 in The book Easy Add-on Projects for Spectrum, ZX81 & Ace, you can create a circuit for a beeper. However only single frequency is possible, as it is determined by a capacitor.
Martin
https://zx.rtin.be
ZX81, Lambda 8300, Commodore 64, Mac G4 Cube