ts1000user

Tragedy report + About order a new 210E ULA

Post by ts1000user »

22.JPG
(104.05 KiB) Downloaded 232 times
33.JPG
(54.76 KiB) Downloaded 232 times

If you know what I mean... :cry:

It was in perfect condition with intact original 80's keyboard cable before I pulled its ULA out but now it's in MODDED condition.:(

The working one sacrificed its intact keyboard cable to diagnose the not working one...

11.JPG
(132.16 KiB) Downloaded 232 times

This ULA is the root of all evil.

I've put this ULA into the working one and it didn't work. So the problem was this ULA indeed.

It seems in quite good condition judge by its appearance. But it's not working.

So I think I have only two choices. Buy new one or fix it.

Can I still get a new 210E ULA now? Or is there any method to diagnose the ULA's problem and fix it?

As always, thanks for all your help. I hope one day I could help someone in this community.:)
kokkiklhs

Re: Tragedy report + About order a new 210E ULA

Post by kokkiklhs »

Welcome to the community and to the amazing (also sometimes frustrating, but VERY interesting, addictive and full of original surprises) Zeddy world!!
I think I got what you need here:
http://sinclairzxworld.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2386
PM me if interested...

EDIT:
DON'T throw away your old keyboard membrane!! Keep it, it's still functional (even with crippled ribbon edges) and you may find it useful in the future...
When (and if ever) this times comes, feel free to ask for details...
;)
ts1000user

Re: Tragedy report + About order a new 210E ULA

Post by ts1000user »

kokkiklhs wrote: Sun May 28, 2017 5:51 pm Welcome to the community and to the amazing (also sometimes frustrating, but VERY interesting, addictive and full of original surprises) Zeddy world!!
I think I got what you need here:
http://sinclairzxworld.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2386
PM me if interested...

EDIT:
DON'T throw away your old keyboard membrane!! Keep it, it's still functional (even with crippled ribbon edges) and you may find it useful in the future...
When (and if ever) this times comes, feel free to ask for details...
;)
Thanks for the kind welcome. I really wanna learn the CP and this Zeddy is my first step. I hope this works well.:)

Yep I won't throw the old keyboard membrane away. Because my ultimate goal is to completely understand the full structure of this machine and I'll use the keyboard as a experiment cadaver to understand the structure of TS1000's input system.:)

Thanks for the link but the linked ULA is a bit too expensive for me.:(