New find zx81 and updates

Discussions about Sinclair ZX80 and ZX81 Hardware
Tezz

Re: New find zx81 and updates

Post by Tezz »

Indeed and the wonderful digital scaling :cry: I usually do correctly refer to modern CCFL/LED TVs as LCDs. For a quiet life I stopped bothering as people seem these days to prefer calling CCFL backlit screens LCDs and LED backlit screens simply as LEDs to differentiate between them.
craftsman1234

Post by craftsman1234 »

Tezz wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:42 pm Indeed and the wonderful digital scaling :cry: I usually do correctly refer to modern CCFL/LED TVs as LCDs. For a quiet life I stopped bothering as people seem these days to prefer calling CCFL backlit screens LCDs and LED backlit screens simply as LEDs to differentiate between them.
Ya, I have tested it out on three flat screens and who knows what they really are. One will not do the PAL modes and the other 2 do. Even out of the 2 one will do the display really well like with the 25Anni demo while the other flashes the screen.

I really want to use my Commodore monitors but I need to be able to load the ZX via OLTA and space wont allow for a big monitor.
ZX81 / TS-1000. Commodore 128DCR/SuperCPU/Ramlink, 64, PETs, Plus/4 C16, Vic-20, COCO, TI/99
Tezz

Post by Tezz »

craftsman1234 wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:09 pmI really want to use my Commodore monitors but I need to be able to load the ZX via OLTA and space wont allow for a big monitor.
I'm in the same boat there, my Amiga multisync monitor has been in storage for many years.