A zeddy Christmas?

Discussions about Sinclair ZX80 and ZX81 Hardware
nollkolltroll

A zeddy Christmas?

Post by nollkolltroll »

What HW stuff do you all want to get for your ZX81:s for Christmas?
/Adam
Paul

Re: A zeddy Christmas?

Post by Paul »

I get a desoldering station.
In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in practice, there is.
Moggy

Post by Moggy »

The unicorn that Sir Morris promised with every release of the ZXpand. :lol:

More seriously I already have my presents early in the shape of Andy Reas' UDG unit and UDG designer software and Sir Morris' MIDI firmware and MIDI player software for the ZXpand+.

Nice low lit room plus a good single malt whilst I sit and create some UDGs on one zeddy and a cool jazz trio playing on another is my idea of bliss. :D
1024MAK

Post by 1024MAK »

Moggy wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:13 pm The unicorn that Sir Morris promised with every release of the ZXpand. :lol:

More seriously I already have my presents early in the shape of Andy Reas' UDG unit and UDG designer software and Sir Morris' MIDI firmware and MIDI player software for the ZXpand+.

Nice low lit room plus a good single malt whilst I sit and create some UDGs on one zeddy and a cool jazz trio playing on another is my idea of bliss. :D
You forgot to mention being gently warmed by the exhaust air from some Zeddies fitted with fans... :mrgreen:

Mark
ZX81 Variations
ZX81 Chip Pin-outs
ZX81 Video Transistor Buffer Amp

:!: Standby alert :!:
There are four lights!
Step up to red alert. Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb :!:
Looking forward to summer later in the year.
Moggy

Post by Moggy »

Now there's a thought...

"Mrs Moggy, turn the heating down I just want to try something" :lol:
gammaray

Post by gammaray »

I use to heat our house in winter with my bank of PC's running desktop for everyone in the house. Not that impressive since in Texas temperatures rarely drop below freezing and only for a day or two. ;)
5-TS1000,UK ZX81<-Sheelagh, US ZX81, 2-TS1500/KDLX , 3-TS2040 printer, 2-TS2020 cassette decks, ZXPAND+AY, ZeddyNET, ZXBlast, UDG, ZX8CCB, AERCO, BUILDS/REPAIRS ZX Spectrum, ZX80 Minstrel, ZXMAX48 v1 v2, 2-TS-2068, ROM, 16kRAM
Lardo Boffin

Post by Lardo Boffin »

I would quite like a ‘spand plus and UDG board. My original ‘spand with AY is suffering a little from being plugged into so many zeddies over the last year - it is a great way of testing them. I suspect I may have bent it a bit a loosened some pins or similar. It behaves fine without the AY since I put it in a Memopak case.

I would mostly like time to start to rebuild my deconstructed zeddy. It’s one of those projects I don’t want to start unless I can have a few consecutive evenings at it.

Oh and a complete set of memotech expansions as they look cool! :lol:
ZX80
ZX81 iss 1 (bugged ROM, kludge fix, normal, rebuilt)
TS 1000 iss 3, ZXPand AY and +, ZX8-CCB, ZX-KDLX & ChromaSCART
Tatung 81 + Wespi
TS 1500 & 2000
Spectrum 16k (iss 1 s/n 862)
Spectrum 48ks plus a DIVMMC future and SPECTRA