Yet another ROM adapter

Discussions about Sinclair ZX80 and ZX81 Hardware
rune

Re: Yet another ROM adapter

Post by rune »

Hi Charlie, yes - Im happy with that. I would like two of them.
Paul

Post by Paul »

Or just publish the zip file with the Gerber inside so we could order in China instead of ordering from USA?
In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in practice, there is.
Paul

Post by Paul »

sirmorris wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:06 am *edit* having had a look around my usual suppliers I think the smt machined pin header might be an issue. Could you please tell us the brand/supplier or perhaps even supply the pins?
I use square ones instead of turned pin which are available from reichelt.de for example.
In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in practice, there is.
sirmorris

Post by sirmorris »

I have square pin strip. Unless the user intends to solder the adapter in place (a distinct possibility for me, actually) then the smaller turned pins are less destructive to any existing socket. Though considering the quality of Sinclair sockets a slight breeze might be enough to destroy them.
:lol:
Paul

Post by Paul »

Lower profile is more important than the width of the pins. It doesn't matter what you insert into the socket, a normal IC will never have proper contact again.
sirmorris

Post by sirmorris »

That's true.
mooredan

Post by mooredan »

Hi all,

A full parts list and suppliers are in a table here:
http://dlmeng.suncup.net/zx81-ts1000-rom-adapter-pcb/

When ordering, I put in postage into the PayPal button for both shipping within the US and to the UK

There are currently 7 of these left.
Dan Moore
Portland, Oregon, USA
rune

Post by rune »

European guys, is there enough interest to buy the rest of Dans boards?

I'm happy to front the cash and We could sort out distribution and costs when they get here?

Update, I've been speaking to Dan as the link wasn't working for me. Result is I have bought 2 boards. Postage to UK is a very reasonable $2.33 - Probably as cheap or cheaper than buying a bulk lot and re posting within the UK.
Paul

Post by Paul »

Yes. I'd like to have one as well.
If there were any more left I'd take the rest
You can send mine to Charlie, we will sort out the rest.
Kind regards Paul
sirmorris

Post by sirmorris »

rune wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:37 pmPostage to UK is a very reasonable $2.33 - Probably as cheap or cheaper than buying a bulk lot and re posting within the UK.
Agreed.