ZXPand ROM Upgrades

ZX80 / ZX81 hardware and software offered for sale or swapping
RWAP

ZXPand ROM Upgrades

Post by RWAP »

We can now offer upgrades of the ZXPand EPROM chip - for those in the UK, simply send the EPROM plus a self addressed envelope (let me know you are doing this and I will give you SIrMorris's postal address!)

If you are overseas (or don't want to wait!), then it is easier for you to order a replacement EPROM at a cost of £3 plus postage.

:D
questarian

Re: ZXPand ROM Upgrades

Post by questarian »

Oooh, upgrades! Must have! :D
Will they be going up on the store? I,ve probably missed it, but is there any details on the upgrade?

-John-
gozzo

Post by gozzo »

are you going to release the new EPROM file as a download so persons with a programmer can do it themselves?
sirmorris

Post by sirmorris »

questarian wrote:Oooh, upgrades! Must have! :D
Will they be going up on the store? I,ve probably missed it, but is there any details on the upgrade?

-John-
Not really - if you tell me what version EPROM you have I can tell you what's changed :)
gozzo wrote:are you going to release the new EPROM file as a download so persons with a programmer can do it themselves?
Yes, certainly. I have been doing this on an ad-hoc basis, so maybe I should work at being a little more organised ;)

C
iturbez

Post by iturbez »

My ZXPand has a V3.0 EPROM. My EPROM programmer doesn't work :| :| ... What I have to do to get a V6 EPROM?

Thanks in advance...
sirmorris

Post by sirmorris »

iturbez wrote:My ZXPand has a V3.0 EPROM. My EPROM programmer doesn't work :| :| ... What I have to do to get a V6 EPROM?
PM sent.
1024MAK

Post by 1024MAK »

sirmorris wrote:
questarian wrote:Oooh, upgrades! Must have! :D
-John-
Not really - if you tell me what version EPROM you have I can tell you what's changed :)
gozzo wrote:are you going to release the new EPROM file as a download so persons with a programmer can do it themselves?
Yes, certainly. I have been doing this on an ad-hoc basis, so maybe I should work at being a little more organised ;)
C
:arrow: :idea: Suggestion :idea:
Post a new topic (say "ZXpand firmware & EPROM updates"), then add the latest EPROM file and PIC firmware file to the first post by editing the first post each time you release an update.
To bring peoples attention to it, you also add a new post to the thread, directing the reader to the first post and giving any details of bug fixes, improvements or new features.

Then simply POKE moderator TO make the post a sticky... and the rest of us GO TO have some fun :lol:

Mark
ZX81 Variations
ZX81 Chip Pin-outs
ZX81 Video Transistor Buffer Amp

:!: Standby alert :!:
There are four lights!
Step up to red alert. Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb :!:
Looking forward to summer later in the year.
1024MAK

Post by 1024MAK »

Wow!

Two updates in a week!

Way to go Sir Morris Image
And a BIG thank you Image

Mark

Linky
ZX81 Variations
ZX81 Chip Pin-outs
ZX81 Video Transistor Buffer Amp

:!: Standby alert :!:
There are four lights!
Step up to red alert. Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb :!:
Looking forward to summer later in the year.
sirmorris

Post by sirmorris »

You're welcome :)

I was fettling about and I was getting tired of typing CONFIG "D=[blah blah" so I tried to think of a better way. I think this fits well - the code was trivial and it feels just about right...

CAT ">[blah blah]"

I like to think of the '>' as 'go to'.

C
acsi

Post by acsi »

Am after an upgrade if still available?

Current version is 2.

Thanks