Does anyone have this brochure?

ZX80 / ZX81 hardware and software requested for either sale or swapping
1024MAK

Re: Does anyone have this brochure?

Post by 1024MAK »

I concur with Darren's comments. A high quality, high resolution scan of both sides would be good. Most of the documents that are available on the internet were done years ago and were anything but high resolution.

Well done on bagging a ZX80 :D

Mark
ZX81 Variations
ZX81 Chip Pin-outs
ZX81 Video Transistor Buffer Amp

:!: Standby alert :!:
There are four lights!
Step up to red alert. Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb :!:
Looking forward to summer later in the year.
MaFli

Post by MaFli »

amigaman07 wrote: Thu May 25, 2017 12:55 am Sounds like you got a Good Buy, and it is Great News that the ZX80 is Working!
Did it come with Original White Power Supply, as these are Extremely Rare now.
Scan, Yes Please.
If you could Scan it, Hi RES, and have the Scan available for those who would like to Private Message you, then this would be Great.
Take Care with that Retrobright, It is strong Stuff and Can Fade Text if left on for too long! :cry:
Darren
Hi Darran,
I'm a happy man indeed :-) Unfortunately it came with a black non-Sinclair adapter made by Dynamic Instrument Corp. And 120Vac with an US plug which I cannot use. Rated 500mA max, btw. My ZX80 draws around 380mA so it wouldn't leave much room for any addons. Looking at the edge connector of my ZX80 nothing has ever been plugged in. Not a single scratch on any of the fingers :-)

I'll be careful with the RetrObright... Can't get any worse than it is now. If it completely fails, I'll just spray paint it white :o
1024MAK wrote: Thu May 25, 2017 9:41 am I concur with Darren's comments. A high quality, high resolution scan of both sides would be good. Most of the documents that are available on the internet were done years ago and were anything but high resolution.
Well done on bagging a ZX80 :D
Mark
Thanks Mark,
I will scan the document as high as a can. My scanner only allows 2400 dpi and 9600 interpolated. Should be enough I guess... Looking at the leaflet, the print quality isn't that high anyway. But worth to try!
Wouldn't it be an option if someone can host the file? Maybe Rich Mellor on his website or somewhere else? This thread my get lost deep down in the forum...
Paul

Post by Paul »

MaFli wrote: Thu May 25, 2017 3:35 pm Wouldn't it be an option if someone can host the file? Maybe Rich Mellor on his website or somewhere else? This thread my get lost deep down in the forum...
There is also http://www.8bit-wiki.de/
where files can be hosted and found ;)
In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in practice, there is.
MaFli

Post by MaFli »

Ok. Done scanning... Tried different settings, black/white, grey scale and colour. B/W was horrible. Colour was ok, but you can see the yellowing. Grey scale came out best I think. Even though you can still see the schematic bleed through to the other side :-( Leaflet is getting quite brittle and almost starting to fall apart.

Do we have Photoshop gurus here on the forum? Someone who knows how to remove the background and turn it into true black and white? And is able to stitch everything together in one double letter size PDF?

I made a PDF with dimensions and how it is folded. I've temporarily dumped all files in a dropbox folder where you can find the scans.
https://www(dot)dropbox(dot)com/sh/vpcqydpx9vbwagw/AACBB5ItEHHNXLrtovEiTOVUa?dl=0
Replace the (dots) with . obviously :-)
Attachments
ZX80_leaflet.pdf
(4.21 MiB) Downloaded 376 times