New release of EightyOne available

Emulator and emulator development specific topics
sirmorris

Re: New release of EightyOne available

Post by sirmorris »

Also ... Version 1.6 ;)

V1.6's big feature is support for ZXpand+. It also includes a number of bugfixes and minor enhancements. Check the release history file for details!

If you experience issues then please check the readme files - some folders have been renamed most notably 'MMC_CARD' is now 'zxpand_sd_card'. Some ROM files have been renamed also, but hopefully any potential issues will be flagged with informational dialogs. If you try this and have problems please post them here and I'll be happy to help.

C
tdg8934

Post by tdg8934 »

Thanks for the info!

I have selected ZXPand and will use rom zx81 2. And delete the old config from eightyone v1 to use v1.5
sirmorris

Post by sirmorris »

That's the way. Let me know if you have issues. I will help as I can.
dr beep

Post by dr beep »

I didn't download current version yet, but the "bug" I keep having is when disabling NMI and intrupt in the debugger.
When you undo that EO can hang. I think this is caused when you go to the debugger and you disable the display when EO is in
intruptmode and best is to stop running when undoing.
Andy Rea

Post by Andy Rea »

Good god you move quicker than my old bones can keep up with. Great work i can't wait till I'm home to give it a whirl... my ability to connect to the internet is somewhat hit and miss at the moment.

Keep it up i greatly appreciate every effort to improve the greatness that is eightyone

Andy
what's that Smell.... smells like fresh flux and solder fumes...
Moggy

Post by Moggy »

Tried 1.5 and 1.6 but for some reason neither version will find the ROM on boot up, have to go into settings and load ROM manually even though the settings box says the Rom's loaded.
sirmorris

Post by sirmorris »

Moggy wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:23 pm Tried 1.5 and 1.6 but for some reason neither version will find the ROM on boot up, have to go into settings and load ROM manually even though the settings box says the Rom's loaded.
Strange. The ROM selection should be saved to the configuration file. Is this your XP machine by any chance?
Moggy

Post by Moggy »

sirmorris wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:57 pm
Moggy wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:23 pm Tried 1.5 and 1.6 but for some reason neither version will find the ROM on boot up, have to go into settings and load ROM manually even though the settings box says the Rom's loaded.
Strange. The ROM selection should be saved to the configuration file. Is this your XP machine by any chance?
Nope win7 32bit.
Every time I boot up Eighty One I get a box that says "ROM file for this system not found go to Options>Hardware>Advanced Settings>ROM File." followed by another box which says"ROM load failed"
So I have to load a ROM it says is already there manually.

Both 1.5 and 1.6 have done this from the start version 1.4 and below no problems so wouldn't have thought a system fault unless I'm missing some DLL file or other such as UNICORN.DLL. :twisted:

EDIT..

1.5 now working, just 1.6 that's borked for me.
Andy Rea

Post by Andy Rea »

Moggy wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:35 pm UNICORN.DLL. :twisted:
that's a very common file found easily with the help of google. The much sought after hensteeth.dll is alot harder to find in the wild... :lol:
what's that Smell.... smells like fresh flux and solder fumes...
Moggy

Post by Moggy »

Andy Rea wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:51 pm
Moggy wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:35 pm UNICORN.DLL. :twisted:
that's a very common file found easily with the help of google. The much sought after hensteeth.dll is alot harder to find in the wild... :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: