A football management game [ZX80]

Any discussions related to the creation of new hardware or software for the ZX80 or ZX81
Moggy

Re: A football management game [ZX80]

Post by Moggy »

just tried this release with a real ZX80-'spand combo.

The first run through worked in a fashion(not keen on the 4 player only select then menu return, would rather pick a full squad then return to menu)when selecting the scout for player option for a fourth time the "STRIKER" banner stayed blank even with less than the permitted 16 players picked. When reviewing squad skill level, one striker had a string of 8 inverse zero's next to his name instead of just the one!

So reloaded and tried again but after choosing my name to start then choosing team name from the menu select it would go to random menu choices IE entering team name then newline brought up the "KIT PURCHASED FOR FULL SQUAD" etc

Also a few crashes meant unplugging and starting again but with same results unfortunately.

Sorry I can't be more positive. :(
Shaun_B

Post by Shaun_B »

No worries, I'm going to re-work the logic for buying players, but I'm still going to limit the number of players that you can scout and sign in one action as the pre-season aspect to the game is 7 weeks with up to 5 actions per week.

Regards,

Shaun.
Moggy

Post by Moggy »

Cheers Shaun, I get a good feeling about this one! :D
Shaun_B

Post by Shaun_B »

Thanks again Moggy, it appears that there are subtle differences between the EightyOne emulator and the real hardware that z88dk doesn't know about.

With regards to the scouting/signing process, I intend to limit signing up to six players per scouting turn. As each training session will take all remaining turns for the week then the idea will be to sign and train in cycles once all other options are satisfied.

Regards,

Shaun.
Shaun_B

Post by Shaun_B »

Sorry it has been a while; I've been on Holiday and other priorities have taken hold. I'll be back on this game soon.

Thanks,

Shaun
Moggy

Post by Moggy »

Thanks for keeping us up to date Shaun, I have a good feeling about this one. :D
Shaun_B

Post by Shaun_B »

Greetings ZX80ers,

I made some improvements and bug fixes to the code base today; now all players start with a skill level of 1 as a minimum and more if you pay a relatively high price, and when viewing your squad you will see the position favoured by your player.

Next I need to start on the season logic and work out some sort of 'algorithm' that'll produce realistic scores based on the opposing team's rating etc... with a bit of luck thrown so that it's possible to occasionally beat a better team (I think I'll have an offDay ramdomiser variable or something; the higher the value, the more likely the better team will lose).

Regards,

Shaun
Moggy

Post by Moggy »

Thanks for keeping us up to speed,Shaun. :D