ZX81 Wiki

General Chit Chat about Sinclair Computers and their Clones
RWAP

ZX81 Wiki

Post by RWAP »

Is there a need to set up a ZX81 Wiki ?

It looks as though I could implement MediaWiki which has a plugin module to use the phpBB logins for authentication - however, beyond installing the wiki and the plugin, that is as much as I could do at the moment.

Someone would need to create a nice skin to fit in with the forums / ZX81 / ZX80 theme, and then it would be up to all the forum members to contribute to the wiki content.

What are your thoughts?
Paul

Re: ZX81 Wiki

Post by Paul »

Maybe a translation of
http://www.8bit-wiki.de
would be better?

It's a wiki of the German ZX-Team.

Kind regards
Paul
In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in practice, there is.
RWAP

Post by RWAP »

The German wiki only seems to have a brief overview of the computers - I was thinking more along the lines of technical documentation, details of the hardware etc - maybe similar to the QL Wiki - www.rwapadventures.com/ql_wiki
Paul

Post by Paul »

My idea was that it could grow with more participants.
I think it's a shame there are so many wiki but so little information on each.
Kind regards
Paul
In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in practice, there is.
PokeMon

Post by PokeMon »

RWAP wrote:Is there a need to set up a ZX81 Wiki ?
I don't think so - here are so many informations from ZX81 which can be found easily with a full text search.
Anyway a structured infobase could be helpful but this is always dependend on people working on it.
I am not sure if there are many people updating contents on 8bit-wiki.de on a regular time base. ;)

I think many of the content is in english language, only most descriptions are in german.
http://www.8bit-wiki.de/8bitdb.html?&no_cache=1
nollkolltroll

Post by nollkolltroll »

What I think might be good about a wiki is the fact that things disappear from the net. There is stuff that might be of interest that could survive on a wiki, but as said, only if people add to and update it.
I just rummaged through my old ZX-files and found schematics for some of Wilfs bank-switched RAM. I can't find them on the net today.
/Adam
RWAP

Post by RWAP »

You can of course just upload files to the forums too :) (although I did manage to lose them some months ago when I changed server)... oops