ZX81 Stuff Updated

General Chit Chat about Sinclair Computers and their Clones
RWAP

ZX81 Stuff Updated

Post by RWAP »

Simon has now updated his ZX81 Stuff website - as part of this the tape downloads now work again and the java emulator has also been updated so it now works in javascript and should work on more devices :) http://www.zx81stuff.org.uk/
1024MAK

Re: ZX81 Stuff Updated

Post by 1024MAK »

Wow, it's looking better than ever 8-)

Well done Simon :D

Mark
ZX81 Variations
ZX81 Chip Pin-outs
ZX81 Video Transistor Buffer Amp

:!: Standby alert :!:
There are four lights!
Step up to red alert. Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb :!:
Looking forward to summer later in the year.
hldswrth

Post by hldswrth »

Thanks! I put quite a bit of effort into learning php, Javascript and CSS to get the site looking and working how I wanted, and to make it accessible to mobile devices.

I'm very pleased with the emulator conversion to JavaScript and the touch-screen keyboard (took about 8 hours of pixel editing to get it looking good :o) On an iPad when zoomed to full width the keyboard is almost exactly the same size as the original, and with the same complete lack of tactile feedback :) Would have been nice for the emulator to run at 100% but 80% ish is the best I could get out of it on an iPad. I've tried it on some android phones and they quite happily run the emulator at full speed (albeit a little tiny).

Cheers, Simon
ZX81 and TS1000 Tape, Book and Hardware Collection: www.zx81stuff.org.uk
sirmorris

Post by sirmorris »

^ What Mark said. I really appreciate the time and effort you have put into this. It's a superb resource. Thanks!
hldswrth

Post by hldswrth »

Thanks. I've just posted an update with an additional 30 tapes added/updated and a few fixes to the listing app and emulator.
ZX81 and TS1000 Tape, Book and Hardware Collection: www.zx81stuff.org.uk
user@lab1

Post by user@lab1 »

Hi, Simon.
The new look of the pages is great! Congratulations, good job!

P.S. The page dedicated to the program Video-AD (this here) seems to have some problem. Does not show previews and are not seen the images.