Logos for the forum

General Chit Chat about Sinclair Computers and their Clones

Which is the preferred forum logo (other suggestions are invited)

Poll ended at Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:42 pm

Total votes: 0

BrunoFlorindo

Logos for the forum

Post by BrunoFlorindo »

Here's a couple logos I came up with. Would appreciate if more people added their own logos and comments.
Maybe (just maybe) one of the submitted logos would become the official one (if Rich accepts it).

yerzmyey

Re: Logos for the forum

Post by yerzmyey »

The second one (with the keyboard like from my ZX81 Graphic Compo site) is the best in my humble opinion.
IN NIHILUM REVERTERIS - a big text-adventure game for ZX81: http://tiny.pl/g2m6m
"MONOCHROME" issue 5 - (Spring 2014) free paper/PDF magazine about ZX81: http://tiny.pl/q2m44
ZX81 COMPETITIONS 2007/2009: http://zx81.republika.pl/
sirmorris

Post by sirmorris »

My vote goes in order 3,2,1.

3 is most legible.

C
RWAP

Post by RWAP »

Now I do like these ideas - but have to agree, my first instinct is for logo 3 - the text is clearer and the pictures show both a ZX80 and a ZX81, although they are a little indistinct.

If we leave time for comments until, say 20th April, we can then decide which to go for - unless any more suggestions are forthcoming.

I have added a poll to let people vote
ksng36

Post by ksng36 »

I really like the second with the keyboard closeup because those keyboards are so darn unique!! :D

ksng36
BrunoFlorindo

Post by BrunoFlorindo »

I see no one else uploaded logos. : )
RWAP

Post by RWAP »

No - but which one do we use, they each had 2 votes!!
BrunoFlorindo

Post by BrunoFlorindo »

I wish I could say. It's a shame this forum isn't get the exposure it deserves! :| I wish the ZX-Team would bring their topics here so more people could join and comment on their ideas. As for the former users of the TS1000.us forum, I think that in the end that forum was getting as much activity as this one, which is sad. It is my understanding that most TS1000 users became TS2068 eventually, and they tend to stay at the TS2068 group.

I once suggested that a forum could be created just for the TS1000, TS1500 and TS2068, but most of the replies made me think that they got used to the Yahoo group and prefer it that way. As for the ZX80 and ZX81 users out there, I have no idea where they are. I constantly advertise this forum in my forum signatures, hoping to bring more people over here. :)

But going back to topic... If someone fancies having a go with Photoshop, please create a logo or two!

Rich, please let me know (via e-mail or pm) how much it would cost to give this forum its own url, its own catchy url.
nama

Post by nama »

If I can find a few spare moments over the next week I'll try to design something.

Phil
nama

Post by nama »

What size should the logo/banner be?
where will it appear?
I see these are 319x74 pixel, which seems like a strange size to me.

Phil