World of Spectrum

General Chit Chat about Sinclair Computers and their Clones
minimaltom

World of Spectrum

Post by minimaltom »

Hi, (I moved this to misc from dev section)

I've been trying for weeks to get an account with world of spectrum but they haven't replied for ages. Also I noticed that loads of the content is hugely outdated. I thought it was supposed to be the best Spectrum site on the web!

What am I missing and why haven't I been accepted?
RWAP

Re: World of Spectrum

Post by RWAP »

It was the best Spectrum site (and arguably still is) - unfortunately, the site owner got pulled in another direction and didn't have time to maintain it.

There were then several attacks on the site which brought it down several times, and then the decision was made to completely re-do the site.

Unfortunately, a lot of the migration work has never been completed (for example images on the software database) and in my opinion, the forums are just not as useable as they used to be, so I for one do not use it very often....
karingal

Post by karingal »

Hi, I'm part of the admin team on WoS and we have approved/declined every application we've received. Let me know what your member name will be and I'll keep an eye out for it.
WoS is slowly bring back all the content, unfortunately the site re-write is being done one person. Once he has finished then we will be adding the huge backlog of content we have stored up.
As for the forums, they are now as lively as they used to be, but the new software doesn't please everybody, they're a bit "marmite", I'm not a huge fan of the new forums myself but they're what we've got and they pretty much do everything the old ones did.
minimaltom

Post by minimaltom »

Thanks karingal, I've applied twice now, once as minimaltom and the other as minimaltom1.
minimaltom

Post by minimaltom »

Hi karingal, stil;l not heard from you regarding world of spectrum membership, did you not get my application?
karingal

Post by karingal »

I've not seen any request from a minimaltom or any variant of. When did you apply?
karingal

Post by karingal »

Just had a quick search and found that you've actually applied twice, but we're still waiting for email confirmation from you on both. I'd check your spam box if I were you.
karingal

Post by karingal »

Did you manage to find the emails sent to you by the World of Spectrum?