Where can I find "true" ZX81 fonts

General Chit Chat about Sinclair Computers and their Clones
blittled

Where can I find "true" ZX81 fonts

Post by blittled »

I am working on a project and I need a windows font with the all the graphic characters. The ones I find do have the alphanumeric characters and their inverse but no graphic characters.
2X Timex Sinclair 1000, ZX81, ZX80Core, 5X 16K Ram Pack, ZXBlast, ZX P file to Ear Input Signal Converter, Elf II
XavSnap

Re: Where can I find "true" ZX81 fonts

Post by XavSnap »

The ones
which one ?
The Xur encoded ASCII font can display all graphics characters… ('Zx81_Fonts' directory)
[Copy&paste] the characters from the 'ASCII_TABLE.TXT' text.
zx_chr.JPG
zx_chr2.JPG
Text files in the XuR.

[Edit] Use the true-type (TTF) font on Windows 10, the FON one is provide to run on W95>XP.
Xavier ...on the Facebook groupe : "Zx81 France"(fr)
blittled

Post by blittled »

Thanks. I'll try them out.

I've always wanted a ZX81 emulator with an IDE that single steps Basic and Assembly and is able to dump the contents of variables like IDEs such as Visual Studio. Since I am a programmer and want to try working on an emulator I'm giving this a try. I have had a couple of false starts on this and hopefully I'll continue on with this attempt. To make it easier I am using some existing code and libraries I can get for C# in Visual Studio such as Z80DotNet for the Z80 emulation and AvalonEdit (which is the SharpDevelop IDE) for the IDE. If I do get it to a working release I'll post a new thread on it.
2X Timex Sinclair 1000, ZX81, ZX80Core, 5X 16K Ram Pack, ZXBlast, ZX P file to Ear Input Signal Converter, Elf II
siggi

Post by siggi »

Do you know Wilf's NOVA? It supports "BASIC line number trace". Maybe that could be used to implement Single Stepping at Basic level...
http://www.user.dccnet.com/wrigter/inde ... va2005.htm

And Single Stepping in Z88DK compiled C programs would also be nice to have :mrgreen:
https://www.z88dk.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2372

Siggi
My ZX81 web-server: online since 2007, running since dec. 2020 using ZeddyNet hardware
http://zx81.ddns.net/ZxTeaM
blittled

Post by blittled »

siggi, those are interesting links and may be something worth implementing once I get things going. Right now I'm having fun trying to implement the interrupts required to do the display. The Z80 engine I'm using counts t-states so I'm using that for the 207 count for the NMI. It isn't exact but since I'm dumping bytes onto a simulated display and not a real tv it doesn't have to be.

I wasn't going to say much on this since I always post grandiose plans on things and never follow through. I do work by day as a .Net programmer (C# and VB) and have to deal with some pretty tricky stuff so at the end of the day if a personal project starts getting difficult I tend to lose interest. That being said here are my plans:

To have something up and running next year for the 40th anniversary of the ZX81. I will be working on a source debugger that will work with a mix of Basic and assembly. It'll will be loosely modeled after pokemon's FASMW-ZX but since it will have an embedded emulator I'll be able to examine the code directly in the emulator. Also the Z80 engine I'm using has "watchers" that can fire events when user defined conditions are met making breakpoints a lot easier. I eventually want to add as many tools as possible to make this a "one stop" development system. I also am coding it so it can eventually be used in ZX80, Jupiter Ace and Spectrum emulation. My ideas are somewhat grandiose so this will take some time.
Lardo Boffin

Post by Lardo Boffin »

blittled wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 4:04 am I do work by day as a .Net programmer (C# and VB) and have to deal with some pretty tricky stuff so at the end of the day if a personal project starts getting difficult I tend to lose interest.
That sounds familiar. :D
ZX80
ZX81 iss 1 (bugged ROM, kludge fix, normal, rebuilt)
TS 1000 iss 3, ZXPand AY and +, ZX8-CCB, ZX-KDLX & ChromaSCART
Tatung 81 + Wespi
TS 1500 & 2000
Spectrum 16k (iss 1 s/n 862)
Spectrum 48ks plus a DIVMMC future and SPECTRA
1024MAK

Post by 1024MAK »

Lardo Boffin wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 2:49 pm
blittled wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 4:04 am I do work by night as Z80 coder and have to deal with some pretty tricky stuff so at the end of the day, if a .Net programmer (C# and VB) project starts getting difficult I tend to lose interest.
Corrected for you :mrgreen:
ZX81 Variations
ZX81 Chip Pin-outs
ZX81 Video Transistor Buffer Amp

:!: Standby alert :!:
There are four lights!
Step up to red alert. Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb :!:
Looking forward to summer later in the year.
blittled

Post by blittled »

I'm glad to see I'm in good company :D
mrtinb

Post by mrtinb »

My profession is in Cobol. Believe or not. :)
Martin
https://zx.rtin.be
ZX81, Lambda 8300, Commodore 64, Mac G4 Cube
Lardo Boffin

Post by Lardo Boffin »

1024MAK wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 4:32 pm
Lardo Boffin wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 2:49 pm
blittled wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 4:04 am I do work by night as Z80 coder and have to deal with some pretty tricky stuff so at the end of the day, if a .Net programmer (C# and VB) project starts getting difficult I tend to lose interest.
Corrected for you :mrgreen:

:lol: :lol:
ZX80
ZX81 iss 1 (bugged ROM, kludge fix, normal, rebuilt)
TS 1000 iss 3, ZXPand AY and +, ZX8-CCB, ZX-KDLX & ChromaSCART
Tatung 81 + Wespi
TS 1500 & 2000
Spectrum 16k (iss 1 s/n 862)
Spectrum 48ks plus a DIVMMC future and SPECTRA