Read about - never seen

General Chit Chat about Sinclair Computers and their Clones
Bill H

Read about - never seen

Post by Bill H »

Twice I have come across in old magazines mention of a printer that plugged into the timex sinclair (american made) 1000 and used plain paper. It printed 16 characters per line and used register paper. Has anyone seen this before?

Bill H
sirmorris

Re: Read about - never seen

Post by sirmorris »

Was that the Alphacom? Or was that another thermal jobbie?
Bill H

Post by Bill H »

sirmorris wrote:Was that the Alphacom? Or was that another thermal jobbie?
Alphacom (Believe it is alphacom 32) is a thermal jobbie :)

Bill H
Moggy

Post by Moggy »

The Alphacom also prints thirty odd chrs a line not sixteen I have two one in weekly use since 85 not a moments problem paper available whosale on bloody big reels so you have do Your own winding (can't have everything) I also have a dozen or so Sinclair printers that never got past a half dozen or so listings before the sodding belts snapped or the styli gave up the ghost!!

USA 1 uk 0 !!
jboatno4

Post by jboatno4 »

You're probably thinking of the Mindware printer (at least branded that way in the US). I believe the model # was MW100. It was 16 column and used adding machine-type paper.

Jack
Bill H

Post by Bill H »

jboatno4 wrote:You're probably thinking of the Mindware printer (at least branded that way in the US). I believe the model # was MW100. It was 16 column and used adding machine-type paper.

Jack
Do you have more details on this ? Pictures etc?

Bill H
BrunoFlorindo

Post by BrunoFlorindo »

Search this forum for "Mindware" and you will see posts by me related to this subject, links to css and posts by someone who joined this forum and mentioned he was the one who coded the software for that printer.