Donate for this Forum, please..

General Chit Chat about Sinclair Computers and their Clones
Spinnetti

Re: Donate for this Forum, please..

Post by Spinnetti »

I tried again today - I had it right before just didn't work; maybe site under maintenance or something. Anyway, it worked today.
Zeddy: ZX80, ZX81/ZXpand, TS1000/ZXpand, TS1500/Zxpand+
Speccy: 48k, +, +2, +3, TS2068, "Bare Metal" Pi, Next KS2, IF1/Microdrives/Vdrive/Light Gun/VGA-Joy
QL: Minerva/QL-VGA/Custom PSU
C5: 24v, LiFE battery, Disc brakes
1024MAK

Post by 1024MAK »

Not necessarily immediately, but this is something to think about doing to help with future donations.

Another English web site that is for Sinclair computers, has a phpBB forum, and they use a donations extension. Here is a screenshot of the relevant page:
E5B8D220-20B5-44CF-A7B6-D9EAE4037A9B.jpeg
At the top of every page you get a Donations button. If you click on it, it takes you to the page shown above. This will hopefully make it easier for members to make a donation and for them to have confidence that when they make a donation, it’s going to help fund this forum.

I think it is this extension. But I have sent a private (direct) message to the admin on that site to ask.

Mark
ZX81 Variations
ZX81 Chip Pin-outs
ZX81 Video Transistor Buffer Amp

:!: Standby alert :!:
There are four lights!
Step up to red alert. Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb :!:
Looking forward to summer later in the year.
Paul

Post by Paul »

A PayPal donation button is only available with a company account I'm afraid. We only have a private account. I guess a company account isn't free?
In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in practice, there is.
1024MAK

Post by 1024MAK »

1024MAK wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 1:27 pm I think it is this extension. But I have sent a private (direct) message to the admin on that site to ask.
I’ve heard back, the admin says:
I'm not using any extension for donations. I just use an extension called Pages, which which allows you to add static pages to the phpBB forum. The good thing is you can configure the page to appear top, bottom, left, right or in quick links. I then just generated the PayPal HTML code to take users to PayPal.
About PayPal…
Paul wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 2:42 pm A PayPal donation button is only available with a company account I'm afraid. We only have a private account. I guess a company account isn't free?
I don’t know, so can’t give an answer…

Mark
ZX81 Variations
ZX81 Chip Pin-outs
ZX81 Video Transistor Buffer Amp

:!: Standby alert :!:
There are four lights!
Step up to red alert. Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb :!:
Looking forward to summer later in the year.