ZX Walls

Discussion about ZX80 / ZX81 Software
GCHarder

Re: Star Wars walls

Post by GCHarder »

In keeping with all things "Star Wars", here's a collection of Star Wars walls I've put together, I doubt Disney will be doing any for the good ol' ZX81. Note these are Pseudo-Hires walls so they should work on a stock ZX81 with 16K. I like the fact that these can be displayed on a ZX81 with no modifications. Considering there are only 91 bit patterns to work with the results aren't too bad, some are more "ragged" than others. Since these use the pseudo-hires method ZX81's using a non-standard ROM (ZXpand) may not display properly. Each file contains 3 to 4 pictures, 2 or 3 of these are permanent and one is temporary. The temporary one already resides in the HRDFILE and will be over-written by the next picture. I was able to get 3 to 4 6K images in each file by modifying XAVSNAP's compression routines to work with pseudo-hires images.

If you run these in an emulator each file will load the next one in the sequence. Not a practical scenario for cassette loading, but it could work by starting and stopping the tape.

Enjoy;

Greg
Screen shot
Screen shot
Star Wars.jpg (115.34 KiB) Viewed 14018 times
Attachments
Star Wars.zip
Programs
(260.18 KiB) Downloaded 199 times
GCHarder

Re: ZX Walls-Monster Movie Posters

Post by GCHarder »

Something for Halloween. Do they do Halloween in UK, Europe?

Regards;

Greg
Monsters.gif
Monsters.gif (40.05 KiB) Viewed 13892 times
Attachments
Monsters.zip
(403.35 KiB) Downloaded 227 times
siggi

Re: ZX Walls-Monster Movie Posters

Post by siggi »

GCHarder wrote:Something for Halloween. Do they do Halloween in UK, Europe?
Halloween has been "invented" in Ireland. Later America has been "infected" by Irish immigrants ...

:D
Siggi
My ZX81 web-server: online since 2007, running since dec. 2020 using ZeddyNet hardware
http://zx81.ddns.net/ZxTeaM