Tried using HRG-MS loading HRG-16K.P and HRG-64K.P and then demo16.p and demo64.p.
Most banks of "demo" graphics turned out garbage.
LOAD "HRG-*.p" LOAD "demo*.p" LOAD "demo*.p:X"
16K X X X
64K X X X
Any useful comments?
I noticed that ZX # 1 had display glitches.
So I switched to ZX #2 and still had problemos similar but different.
Going to try emulator and other ZX s...
Maybe the .P has been corrupted. I am not getting the same RAMTOP as listed in the instructions...
64k - 30144 instead of 30160
I use the MS HRG stuff from Mathias Swatosch on my ZXmore and they run very well (HRG-16k.p and Demo16.p for example). They have to be started loaded one after each other (load driver, run, load application, run) as the driver does change RAMTOP when started first.
I don't know the loading capabilities from ZXpand, if this is assured with your command.
Here are the key features of this software:
- compatible with ZXpand hardware
- program installs itself over RAMTOP, needs no REM line with machine-code in the user program
- hotkeys for switching view from graphic bank to text screen and vice versa (even if program is running)
- hotkeys for switching view to different graphic banks (if more than 16k RAM, even if program is running)
- hotkey for immediate printout of the screen (even if program is running)
- 256 x 192 pixel
- easy interface to ZX81-Basic
- interface to other machine-code programs to use the graphics
- multiple graphic-banks if you have more than 16k RAM
- functions for setting pixels, drawing lines or boxes etc.
- ZX81-graphics with text and HiRes-graphic overlaid
- ZX-printer and Seikosha GP-50S supported (Alphacom 32 or Timex Printer should work also)
- 127 user definable graphics or characters (UDG)
- manual in English and German language
ZX81, Lambda 8300, Commodore 64, Mac G4 Cube
"Yes. You are correct Sirr!"They have to be started loaded one after each other (load driver, run, load application, run) as the driver does change RAMTOP when started first.
Actually I am using TS1000eses. Would this affect ...anything...?
My RAMTOP is not identical to the instructions after loading driver.
Hmmm... Going to have to modify a regular ts1016 rampack now and test without Spandex.
BB removed formatting on:
LOAD "HRG-*.p" -> LOAD "demo*.p" or LOAD "demo*.p:X"
16K X X X
64K X X X
X - option did not work...
The actual version on his page
is 2.8 while the documentation refers to 2.7 - so maybe not unusual that the size of driver changed a little bit while the documentation left unchanged. I never took care of correct driver size as it worked to load the driver.