Odd Cassette Tape

Discussion about ZX80 / ZX81 Software
RWAP

Odd Cassette Tape

Post by RWAP »

I have collected a pile of Sinclair equipment this weekend and amongst the items were some home made cassettes.

However, as I went to throw them out, I came across an odd C90 which has typed across the cassette label and the inlay card:

CASSETTE ONE
COPYRIGHT EXISTS ONALL PROGRAMS (c) 1981

(see picture)

I have to presume that this is for the ZX81 (due to the date, or possibly the ZX80)

I have tried playing it into my PC, but am struggling to get a clear recording - anyone else fancy a go?
Attachments
DSCI0013.JPG
(116.3 KiB) Downloaded 5690 times
BrunoFlorindo

Re: Odd Cassette Tape

Post by BrunoFlorindo »

I would send it to Andrew Barker of WOS. Although the preservation team doesn't concentrate on ZX81 titles, he has the software, the tools and the will to do it. He helped me several times in the past. :)
RWAP

Post by RWAP »

OK I will do - I am not convinced what it is at the moment - there do not seem to be any leaders before the data...
BrunoFlorindo

Post by BrunoFlorindo »

Even if it doesn't have headers or leading noise, it might still have data that can be recovered. Does the audio sound ZX81-ish? The ZX81 baud rate is a lot lower than the Spectrum one. I used to say it sounded like a Spectrum tape being loaded at half the speed.
Fruitcake

Post by Fruitcake »

Probably a tad late to chip in on this question but the tape is a collection of 1K programs for the ZX81 sold by Michael Orwin (some very good - I remember them well).

You can find some info on the tape here:
http://zx81stuff.org.uk/zx81/generated/ ... ette1.html
RWAP

Post by RWAP »

Fruitcake wrote:Probably a tad late to chip in on this question but the tape is a collection of 1K programs for the ZX81 sold by Michael Orwin (some very good - I remember them well).

You can find some info on the tape here:
http://zx81stuff.org.uk/zx81/generated/ ... ette1.html
Many thanks - I have passed the information onto Andrew Owen at WoS to whom I sent the tape for preservation.