Looking for a program/game that does't require any zx81rom routines.

Discussion about ZX80 / ZX81 Software
Moggy

Re: Looking for a program/game that does't require any zx81rom routines.

Post by Moggy »

xubuntu wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 4:23 pm Bullshit.
Even allowing for the language barrier I would say that is a strange word to use towards someone who is doing their best to help you. ;)
TMAOne

Post by TMAOne »

Moggy wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 4:33 pm that is a strange word to use
Seconded.
dr beep

Post by dr beep »

See the source of my latest game YAHTK and that is all I need to compile the code with sjasm.
xubuntu

Post by xubuntu »

Ok so I assembled your code with sjasm because tasm gave errors, and it runs as a p file loaded into basic but it doesn't start when loaded as block in memory with aszmic or as a .rom file on location 0.

So I guess what you meant here is "Here is a game with no #includes" ???

Good work but it still won't initialize without the basic rom on memory location 0. Am I wrong ?
dr beep

Post by dr beep »

xubuntu wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 7:18 am Ok so I assembled your code with sjasm because tasm gave errors, and it runs as a p file loaded into basic but it doesn't start when loaded as block in memory with aszmic or as a .rom file on location 0.

So I guess what you meant here is "Here is a game with no #includes" ???

Good work but it still won't initialize without the basic rom on memory location 0. Am I wrong ?
Now finally I get your question.

You want to load a piece of code that automatically will start.
Loading a piece of code will on itself never start. It will need a command to start.
On the ZX81 loading ends with a jump to a line in BASIC, that is how the ROM loader works.
So if you want what you want you need a customized loader that ends in a call to your own code.

Your question is a lot different than your question why you need to include files.
xubuntu

Post by xubuntu »

Ofcourse the code will start if it is on rom location 0. It doesn't need a command for that.
So if you want what you want you need a customized loader that ends in a call to your own code.
Ok we do have a "customized loader" which is called aszmic.

I load your game on memory location 15000 decimal (load block via eightyone emulator) and then I do

J :3A98 (which is the hex of 15000)

But still your program won't initialize.

So there you have it. We do have a loader. We tell it where to go, and your program still won't run.

Why is that ? :)
dr beep

Post by dr beep »

Did you assemble my exemple and tried that?
The 0 on top of screen?

If that isn't working then
1) systemvariables are somewhere else
2) the start is not working.
xubuntu

Post by xubuntu »

Yes I assembled your game, which works when loaded in basic as P.
The 0 on top of screen?
What?

System variables ? ASZMIC might have its own system variables.

I thought you said you included in your source code everything needed. Now you tell me it needs "systemvariables" from the basic rom ?

For a guy who makes such complicated games, I can't believe that you don't understand me.

Is there a way to see a text on the screen WITHOUT the usage of the basic rom? By either loading the code on memory location 0, or jumping to the location our code lives, using ASZMIC ?

I am asking you the same thing since yesterday, and you simply don't want to admit that THERE ISN'T.

40 years in development and none has ever created the very least minimal code that will start on memory location 0 and will print a bloody character, or even a pixel, on the screen.
1024MAK

Post by 1024MAK »

There are alternative BASIC ‘ROM’s (most of which are improved versions of the normal BASIC ROM) and there is a Forth ‘ROM’.

Mark
ZX81 Variations
ZX81 Chip Pin-outs
ZX81 Video Transistor Buffer Amp

:!: Standby alert :!:
There are four lights!
Step up to red alert. Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb :!:
Looking forward to summer later in the year.
dr beep

Post by dr beep »

xubuntu wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 10:06 am Yes I assembled your game, which works when loaded in basic as P.
The 0 on top of screen?
What?

System variables ? ASZMIC might have its own system variables.

I thought you said you included in your source code everything needed. Now you tell me it needs "systemvariables" from the basic rom ?

For a guy who makes such complicated games, I can't believe that you don't understand me.

Is there a way to see a text on the screen WITHOUT the usage of the basic rom? By either loading the code on memory location 0, or jumping to the location our code lives, using ASZMIC ?

I am asking you the same thing since yesterday, and you simply don't want to admit that THERE ISN'T.

40 years in development and none has ever created the very least minimal code that will start on memory location 0 and will print a bloody character, or even a pixel, on the screen.
For someone who is asking support you are quite good in insulting persons who want to help you.
I digged inside the ASZMIC-rom and I know what is wrong.

The ASZMIC-ROM makes the ZX81 a whole different computer, it uses the ZX81 hardware with its own OS. Just like the Jupiter Ace.

This also explains why my example would not work or any other ZX81 standardcode,
but that is up to you to find out.

I AM OUT OF THIS THREAD!
I AM OUT OF THIS THREAD!
I AM OUT OF THIS THREAD!
I AM OUT OF THIS THREAD!