Campus LISP on a ZX80

Discussion about ZX80 / ZX81 Software
stefano

Campus LISP on a ZX80

Post by stefano »

This is a very experimental port of the Campus LISP on a ZX80 with 16K RAM.

clisp_zx80_16K.o
(13.06 KiB) Downloaded 94 times
(BEWARE this thing is buggy, I'm still trying to stabilize it furtherly, in example PROGN does not work)

There's very little you can do with it, the memory gets quickly filled, the base functions are at the very minimum and you'll have to use a lot of fantasy to squeeze out something useful.. but isn't this part of the fun ?

To get it working it required a workaround on the current z88dk library set (to improve the keyboard scanning) and on the clisp sources.
I hope this work will permit me to fix z88dk.. the keyboard workaround is on its way, but I haven't been able to understand the reason for the other bugs.

For the mentioned keyboard scanning problem the shortcut symbol for QUOTE is a bit odd, it's achieved by pressing "double quotes".. go ahead, the weirdness is expected. ;)
Attachments
clisp_graphics_zx80.png
Last edited by stefano on Tue Aug 29, 2023 2:49 pm, edited 4 times in total.
stefano

Re: Campus LISP on a ZX80

Post by stefano »

I just built a similar version for the Lambda.
You can find my comments about the 16K release of the Campus LIsP there: https://www.sinclairzxworld.com/viewtop ... 289#p52289

zx80_lisp.png
(I forced the error message to show the translation of the "QUOTE" symbol, on the ZX80 it is obtained by typing double quotes).
stefano

Re: Campus LISP on a ZX80

Post by stefano »

I noticed the z88dk libraries still missed key '>' and '<'.
I fixed the bug and refreshed the campus lisp binaries above.

I also kept the graphics version only, the memory allocation is better tuned and keeping 2 versions is now useless.
(the LISP stack is set to 50 here, while the original default tuned on a ZX81 was 22)

This ultra simplified version supports '>' only. To get the equivalent of '<' you can just.. invert the operators order !
clisp_abs.png