Z80 inside high res test P file

Discussion about ZX80 / ZX81 Software
Moggy

Re: Z80 inside high res test P file

Post by Moggy »

msknight wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 2:15 pm I believe it is for hardware only, because of the way that high res accesses memory.
Yes but both emulators are supposed to follow most hi-res schemes ( the demo is WRX ) especially Eighty One, the file being available in P format would confirm that it is for emulator use also.
Moggy

Post by Moggy »

I've found a version that runs in emulation but certainly not in 1k and if using the ZXpand feature it needs the overlay ROM switching out.
Attachments
Rezurrection.p.zip
(3.15 KiB) Downloaded 37 times
Exile

Post by Exile »

The original 1kB rezurrection (as linked earlier in the thread) uses a custom high speed loader, which in turn is then used to load each part of the demo.

It also comes with a Windows based mini emulator ("cdx81") derived from the z81 emulator, which loads .wav files

I did successfully run the 1kB rezurrection code on cdx81. (Load "" starts the high speed loader, then F1 loads the first wav file)
I did not manage to get the 1kB version to run on either SZ81 or EightyOne, but perhaps others will have more luck?

For a quick 1K test on real hardware, I think Dr Beep's programs are easier to load ;-)