Exclamation point?

Frequently Asked Questions about the Sinclair ZX81
Forum rules
This is designed to be a simple set of questions and answers - please no general chit chat in here - keep it focused to help new users!
kmurta

Re: Exclamation point?

Post by kmurta »

Oh, I feel ashamed as I was the one who started the discord so I sincerely apologize to anyone who was offended. It wasn't my intention, it was just an unfortunate joke. :oops:

As a Portuguese-speaking user, there are many more characters missing and this has never been an impediment to extracting maximum usability and fun from the beloved Zeddy. To be honest, I never missed the exclamation point (except when I was porting Super Star Trek, which makes heavy use of these signal).
Moggy wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 6:27 pm ...and I find it silly that the pound symbol is missing from the Forth implementations found here ...
Not on TF79, where the pound symbol is still present at the SPACE key ;)
Moggy wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 6:27 pm Nobody seems to have any qualms over the dollar sign instead of an exclamation mark, anti British bias perhaps? ;)
Absolutely no anti-British bias! The $ sign is not unique to the dollar, it is understood almost universally as a symbol of money and used in many currencies around the world, that's the only reason (for me at least).

Finally, Moggy is right, there are already too many serious things to worry about for us to create intrigue over something so insignificant.

So once again, my sincere apologies.
1 x ZX81, 2 x TK85 , 1 TK82C, 1 TK95, 1 x Alphacom 32 printer, 1 x ZXpand
ZeXtender board, Joy81 - Programmable Joystick Controller, Turbo Sound 81
http://zx81.eu5.org
https://toddysoftware.itch.io/
roganjosh

Post by roganjosh »

kmurta wrote: Sun Apr 17, 2022 7:08 pm
Moggy wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 6:27 pm ...and I find it silly that the pound symbol is missing from the Forth implementations found here ...
Not on TF79, where the pound symbol is still present at the SPACE key ;)
Shift-SPACE on FIF too.

Alan
Moggy

Post by Moggy »

@Kmurta

Kelly please don't apologise for anything it was me that caused all the bad feeling not you or anyone else and for that I'm ashamed! :oops:
It was just a terrible day and I took my mood out on Vorticon which was totally wrong and I know that there is no anti British bias on this most cosmopolitan forum which has a world wide membership, just me lashing out, so lads all of you once again apologies.

Yes the pound symbol is there which I should bloody well know as I have both Toddy79 and FIF81 symbol charts on the wall in big letters yet somehow couldn't see it!!! :oops:

@Roganjosh.

Yup Alan it would seem that there is none so blind as them that cannot see! :lol: