Tr-dos

A place to discuss the ZX80's and ZX81's younger brother - the Sinclair ZX Spectrum
GCHarder

Tr-dos

Post by GCHarder »

Can anyone tell me how to use Tr-dos (.trd) files with ZXSpin emulator? I've set machine to "Pentagon" and set the Tr-dos folder, but when I try LOAD "File" I get a disk not found error. There doesn't seem to be a user guide for this emulator, not that I can find anyway.

Regards;

Greg
XavSnap

Re: Tr-dos

Post by XavSnap »

Doc.:
http://k1.spdns.de/Vintage/Sinclair/82/ ... nualV4.pdf

I don't know ZxSpin… but the "Tr-Dos" folder is not desinged to store disks images like *.tdr" files types.

The folder IS the disk drive !
Try to write a text file named "boot." in unix format. (ex: 10 PRINT "HELLO") and reboot the emulator.

If you had to use a TDR image disk, you had to mount it, and set the disk entry "TRD disk image" !?! ( :mrgreen: something's like that in the setup menu !?!)
Xavier ...on the Facebook groupe : "Zx81 France"(fr)
GCHarder

Re: Tr-dos

Post by GCHarder »

You are correct Xav. I finally got a disk image LOADed last night. There's a tab in ZXSpin where you can "mount" disk images. The CAT command then lists the files. I still could not get anything to run until I entered LOAD "boot". I have to study this a bit more to see how it works.

Regards;

Greg