The 'Vulcan' North Africa Expansion Pack is here!

A place to discuss the ZX80's and ZX81's younger brother - the Sinclair ZX Spectrum
Daniel Baines

The 'Vulcan' North Africa Expansion Pack is here!

Post by Daniel Baines »

Hi guys. I was directed to post this here, instead of continuing chatting about it in the developer's forum!

There is a MASSIVE update for the classic game 'Vulcan.' It is 100% historical, NOT a 'strange' hacked version.

Everything has been tested for realism and professionalism. There are a number of known bugs listed in the readme, but none of them affect the gameplay itself. Therefore, I have just released this as a Beta. The original game had one map. There are now 7 maps and 11 scenarios. It has been 8 years in the making. Depending on how much help RT Smith himself will be willing to give, there may be even more updates in the future. (He's busy with a new game launch at the moment.)

As this is a Spectrum forum, some of you may have played RT Smith's original Vulcan or Desert Rats. My expansion pack includes all the scenarios from Desert Rats, but with vast improvements to the AI, hidden movement, and air attack. It also includes the original 'Vulcan' campaign for completeness, but with some minor improvments.

www.vulcanspectrumgame.co.uk

Last but not least, if anyone knows a way to fix the bugs described in the readme, do NOT hesitate to let me know!

HAPPY PLAYING!
Last edited by Daniel Baines on Thu Sep 10, 2015 6:55 pm, edited 5 times in total.
RWAP

Re: The 'Vulcan' North Africa Expansion Pack is here!

Post by RWAP »

Damn - I somehow managed to delete the original topic rather than moving it here.... Oh well this is a new topic about Daniel's expansion pack for the Vulcan ZX Spectrum game :D
1024MAK

Post by 1024MAK »

Argh, Rich, how can you loose an entire thread :shock:

Now what's the term I'm thinking of, something to do with the reverse of forwards and the opposite of down... :roll:

Mark
ZX81 Variations
ZX81 Chip Pin-outs
ZX81 Video Transistor Buffer Amp

:!: Standby alert :!:
There are four lights!
Step up to red alert. Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb :!:
Looking forward to summer later in the year.
Daniel Baines

Post by Daniel Baines »

Maah... fine by me. It was getting out of hand anyway. I'd typed too much, what, with all the excitement and all! But yeah, if anyone feels any relevant info was lost, and needs anything explaining about the expansion, fire away and I'll start jabbering again, I'm sure!
Daniel Baines

deleted

Post by Daniel Baines »

deleted
Last edited by Daniel Baines on Thu Sep 10, 2015 6:50 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Daniel Baines

deleted

Post by Daniel Baines »

deleted
Last edited by Daniel Baines on Thu Sep 10, 2015 6:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Daniel Baines

deleted

Post by Daniel Baines »

deleted
Last edited by Daniel Baines on Thu Sep 10, 2015 6:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Daniel Baines

Post by Daniel Baines »

NOT A BETA ANYMORE - VULCAN NORTH AND EAST AFRICA EXPANSIONS

Postby Daniel Baines » Thu Aug 20, 2015 7:48 pm

The standard is now 'store quality.' There is no longer anything more I can do to improve it.

This is no longer a Beta.

This is now 'Official Version 1.'

It includes the new, official 'non beta' of the previously released 'North Africa Expansion Pack' beta, and a brand new expansion pack, the 'East Africa Expansion Pack.'

Thank you to everyone who played the Beta. There are no longer any bugs. If I make anything more 'Vulcan' in future, it will be purely new content. There is no longer any need to revisit old content. My skills improved to the point where there was nothing left to fix.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxhNrn ... sp=sharing
Last edited by Daniel Baines on Thu Sep 10, 2015 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Daniel Baines

Post by Daniel Baines »

There are two new scenarios out!

One is on general release along with the rest of version 2 (extremely minor changes to some existing scenarios.) The other new scenario is members only!

We also noticed the forums were not previously active. That is now fixed. Get registered and join the fun!