Purple tint video output

Sintez2

Purple tint video output

Post by Sintez2 »

Hello everyone!

I have a soviet clone of a 48K ZX Spectrum, a Sintez Signal 2, and I can't make it output a reasonable video signal.

When I connect it to the TV through the video RCA connector I get a good black and white image, but when I type load "" the image is flickering and shady and it changes colors.
IMG_6405.JPG
When I connect it to the TV through the SCART connector, the image is sharp but it has a purple tint.
IMG_6406.JPG
Do you know how can I make it work?

This is the pinout of the video plug:
Screen Shot 2019-12-02 at 18.42.23.png
RSh2N-1-29.png
RSh2N-1-29.png (1.45 KiB) Viewed 3680 times
Thank you!
Sintez2

Re: Purple tint video output

Post by Sintez2 »

Do you think a scart to hdmi adaptor will solve the problem?
1024MAK

Post by 1024MAK »

When you type LOAD “” as soon as the Spectrum (or clone of the ZX Spectrum) thinks it has detected a signal on the Ear input, it will change the border colour. Depending on what signal it detects, the border colour may flash between two different colours. When you feed it with sound from a cassette deck (or any other suitable source), if the volume is loud enough and the computer detects the tones of data, the border will change to coloured stripes. See any YouTube video of a ZX Spectrum LOADing a game.

Is the “video RCA connector” an UHF output that connects to the aerial input on the TV? If yes, then unless the TV is able to stay locked on to the slowly drifting UHF transmission channel, poor pictures are expected.

Or is the “video RCA connector” a composite video output?

Some composite video outputs may not produce very good pictures with some TVs. There is also the possibility that some components in the video circuits may have degraded.

With the picture of you trying to use SCART, it’s hard to help as the original 16K/48K/+ ZX Spectrum computers did not have suitable outputs to connect to a SCART connector.

However, keep in mind that SCART can carry various types of video signal. The default is composite video. But some SCART TVs can also use the SCART input for S-Video, RGB Video and analogue YPBPR component video. So make sure your TV is set to the correct setting either via the on screen menus or via the appropriate remote control buttons.

Mark
ZX81 Variations
ZX81 Chip Pin-outs
ZX81 Video Transistor Buffer Amp

:!: Standby alert :!:
There are four lights!
Step up to red alert. Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb :!:
Looking forward to summer later in the year.
Sintez2

Post by Sintez2 »

Hi Mark!

Thank you for your answer. The best image I got is using the SCART connector. Except it's purple :)
The composite video gives the flickering and shady image.
Is there anything I can do to improve the output? I was thinking maybe of an adaptor from scart to hdmi.

Bogdan