TZXduino problem

linomari

TZXduino problem

Post by linomari »

Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum and I hope to find help:
I made two TZXDUINO and loaded the software in the ATMEGA ver.1.7b chip without problems, I loaded some ROMS in the SD card that reads without problems, I can select them but when I press PLAY, the message "No File Selected" appears and the loading does not start. The problem exists on both cards.
Because it does not work ?
Thanks !
vlcsnap-2021-05-16-22h42m39s939.png
BarryN

Re: TZXduino problem

Post by BarryN »

linomari wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 10:46 pm Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum and I hope to find help:
I made two TZXDUINO and loaded the software in the ATMEGA ver.1.7b chip without problems, I loaded some ROMS in the SD card that reads without problems, I can select them but when I press PLAY, the message "No File Selected" appears and the loading does not start. The problem exists on both cards.
Because it does not work ?
Thanks !

vlcsnap-2021-05-16-22h42m39s939.png
I don't think a TZXDUINO loads ROM files, it loads tape files.
linomari

Post by linomari »

sorry, I didn't specify that by ROM tested on the SD card I meant TAP and TZX files
Tiger

Post by Tiger »

I made some TZXDuino's too. As I can remember I'd trouble with the "old" TZXDuino-master (V1.7b is from 2018). I used the MaxDuino files https://github.com/rcmolina/MaxDuino_v1.67. Version 1.66 is the latest for "Nano" (V.167 has new code for ST32). You have to make some changes in the userconfig.h tab before you load it into the ATmega (your Display has the wrong resolution and is turned 180°).
On the other side I don't know what you mean with ROM-files. You need tzx or tap files from softwaretapes no ROM. Maybe your software source is wrong ...
linomari

Post by linomari »

Tiger wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 6:11 pm I made some TZXDuino's too. As I can remember I'd trouble with the "old" TZXDuino-master (V1.7b is from 2018). I used the MaxDuino files https://github.com/rcmolina/MaxDuino_v1.67. Version 1.66 is the latest for "Nano" (V.167 has new code for ST32). You have to make some changes in the userconfig.h tab before you load it into the ATmega (your Display has the wrong resolution and is turned 180°).
On the other side I don't know what you mean with ROM-files. You need tzx or tap files from softwaretapes no ROM. Maybe your software source is wrong ...
thanks, as written in another post I specified that I used tzx and tap files that I mistakenly called ROM.
However I still do not understand I can list the files but it does not start them! I will try to do as your post says
Tiger

Post by Tiger »

It's not easy to make a diagnostic far from the location where it happens. The files are listet - OK you see a filename, but is it a correct datatype? The displayed filename can also be a directory. If your tzx-file works in an emulator (e.g. Spectaculator) it will work with TZXduino.
Tiger

Post by Tiger »

Here are some screens I take from my TZXduino ...
Attachments
Systemstatus after Start
Systemstatus after Start
Startup Screen after Power On
Startup Screen after Power On
File after switching Start (most you have to start twice)
File after switching Start (most you have to start twice)
Displayed filename after selecting it from directory
Displayed filename after selecting it from directory
linomari

Post by linomari »

Tiger wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 8:36 pm Here are some screens I take from my TZXduino ...

hi, I uploaded the Maxduino files successfully, but the result does not change ... I state that I have tested the tap and tzx files with Speccy emulator and they work, so at this point I give up !!!
Attachments
IMG_1596.JPEG
nofileselect_maxduino.JPEG
Tiger

Post by Tiger »

Same problem with all baudrates? The SD-Card is FAT16 or FAT32 formatted (no exFAT or NTFS)? Some microSD cards may not work. Cards up to 32GB may work - I use 8GB cards. Something wrong with the soldering points or IC connector? Try an other SD-Card reader (maybe an CS-Signal fault?).
linomari

Post by linomari »

Tiger wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 9:43 am Same problem with all baudrates? The SD-Card is FAT16 or FAT32 formatted (no exFAT or NTFS)? Some microSD cards may not work. Cards up to 32GB may work - I use 8GB cards. Something wrong with the soldering points or IC connector? Try an other SD-Card reader (maybe an CS-Signal fault?).
unfortunately even changing the baud rate (and this shows that the play / pause button works !!) does not work, the sd card is 2 GB but I also tried others, and I assembled two cards that give the same problem. As a last resort I tried to replace the ATMEGA chip with no result .... :?