DivMMC Enjoy joystick fault

Spectrum65535

DivMMC Enjoy joystick fault

Post by Spectrum65535 »

Hi all
I have a standard Zx Spectrum 48k issue 4S running a DivMMC Enjoy, 2014 Version with Esxdos .085, both working fine until recently, then the spectrum would just randomly crash while playing a game, any game, usually goes back to Sinclair Research (Blah). Press the NMI button, and it would go to menu and just reload and carry on.
Switched the Spectrum on the other day, It just displays flashing coloured squares, this with the DivMMC plugged in, turned off, unplugged the DivMMC, spectrum works fine, tried the interface with another working Spectrum, same flashing coloured squares.

Now for the techie bit, I have checked the eprom with my programmer, and the code verifies with esxdos’s .BIN file.

I decided to pull out the GAL 22V10 chip, (which I believe to be the joystick interface logic), the Spectrum boots into esxdos and loads perfectly every time, and doesn’t crash, but I have no joystick interface.

I have bought a new GAL 22V10 chip, but it is blank, question is, where can I get the code from to program it? As I have trawled the internet.
Hope someone can help.
Simon
1024MAK

Re: DivMMC Enjoy joystick fault

Post by 1024MAK »

Have you tried contacting the seller you obtained the DivMMC Enjoy from?

Or contact Ben Versteeg at ByteDelight.com who designed and manufactures them.

Mark
ZX81 Variations
ZX81 Chip Pin-outs
ZX81 Video Transistor Buffer Amp

:!: Standby alert :!:
There are four lights!
Step up to red alert. Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb :!:
Looking forward to summer later in the year.
Spectrum65535

Post by Spectrum65535 »

Hi Mark

I bought it from Byte delight a few years back, I never thought about Ben being there. Thanks for the advice, I will contact them.

Kind regards
Simon
Simon
Spectrum65535

Post by Spectrum65535 »

Hi Mark

Thanks for the advice on contacting ben versteeg, he was more than happy to email me the code file for the GAL, managed to source a new one from Lattice and blow the code onto it, works perfectly now, turned out to be a counterfeit chip from china.

Thanks again
Simon