Like many of you, I was an 80s kid when I got my ZX81. I ordered the $100 kit, but they were apparently out of stock, so I received the pre-built. It's an issue one, but with straight (not curvy) traces. I recently brought it out of storage in order to resurrect it.
Last week I upgraded the RAM to 32K, installed the vla81, gutted the RF modulator, replaced the two electrolytic caps, and replaced the regulator with a buck module. Works great!
Still to come: upgrade the ROM to a big bang and get a new membrane.
At the moment, I'm enjoying re-reading the Sync magazines on archive.org.
I also have three TS1000 units. I'll probably upgrade one of them and leave the rest for spare parts.
- Posts: 4721
- Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:56 am
- Location: Looking forward to summer in Somerset, UK...
I hope you enjoy this forum
Looks like you are quite far in the tinkering league