Hi and Thanks

Introduce yourself to your fellow forum members - what was your journey into the Sinclair world?
dasteph

Hi and Thanks

Post by dasteph »

Hi all, I'm obviously newly registered here, but have been lurking around for a while owing to a casual ongoing interest in many things ZX related.

I'm logging in for the first time was to extend a big thanks for all the assistance this forum has helped provide in pursuit of a project I've been working on for a shortish while now; the AZ15 a not exactly ZX81 inspired thingy with a Raspberry Pi and Arduino at its core, you can read about it here http://zx81keyboardadventure.blogspot.com.au/.

I know from reading up here, many of you guys make and or source some the parts I used (and send them of to unknown locations and uses) to create the AZ15, and also write the emulators that got that bit of if up and running. Anyways thanks etc.
RWAP

Re: Hi and Thanks

Post by RWAP »

Welcome to the forums, David - the AZ15 certainly builds nicely on the ZX81 inspiration - is that one of Pokemon's keyboards?
PokeMon

Post by PokeMon »

Looks nice ! 8-)
nollkolltroll

Post by nollkolltroll »

Good looking, some serious work. Well done!
/Adam
dasteph

Post by dasteph »

Glad you all like the results. The ZX81 was my first computer and has pretty good memories, so I wanted to do it justice but not copy it as such. I was after a good looking clone kind of feel.

It is a PokeMon (thanks for that, it's a very nice bit of work on its own) keyboard, it made that part of the project much simpler. I had thought I'd need to make my own keyboard at first, as I didn't strictly desire a membrane keyboard (from past experience). Certainly saved a lot of time which I needed to write the Arduino code and design the rest of the case.
1024MAK

Post by 1024MAK »

Welcome on board David!

:D :D :D

Mark
ZX81 Variations
ZX81 Chip Pin-outs
ZX81 Video Transistor Buffer Amp

:!: Standby alert :!:
There are four lights!
Step up to red alert. Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb :!:
Looking forward to summer later in the year.