New here

Introduce yourself to your fellow forum members - what was your journey into the Sinclair world?
Back2ZX

New here

Post by Back2ZX »

Hi
at a mate's place last week I found my old ZX81 complete with Skyways Forth Rom on a daughter board with a change over swit to the original ROM.

Not even swiched it on yet But decided I will do somthing with it in 2016

George
Moggy

Re: New here

Post by Moggy »

Welcome aboard George. :D

The H4th ROM sounds intriguing as it could be the real thing (2564 with altered pins pop-in or a 2764 EPROM on a daughter board) as opposed to the emulator versions of the ROM we have to use, which I suspect have been altered in some way.
I say this because when used in an emulator the display is as expected but when Burned to an EPROM and used with real zeddies the display is too far up and to the right and the furthest right hand column remains white when the screen inverse function is called. None of this exhibits itself on emulation hence my belief that either the emulator (eighty one) or the ROM image used was altered in some way, and as no one here has a real Husband Forth ROM on hand it's impossible to check.

If indeed George your EPROM is the real deal would you consider sharing its contents with the forum as there are one or two of us who would love to see the definitive article and put to bed any doubts about the emulator ROMs integrity?

Anyhow enough of my wittering welcome again George and in case you don't have the manual for the ROM I have it here as an attachment, also there are many very knowledgeable zeddie gurus on the forum (not me :oops: ) and any questions or queries you may have will soon be answered. :D

Regards.

Moggy.
Attachments
zx81-forth-manual.rar
(2.2 MiB) Downloaded 298 times
tdg8934

Post by tdg8934 »

You'll want to look into getting a ZXPand board with 32K ram, new commands and most importantly an SD card with your software so you don't need tapes anymore.

Tim
1024MAK

Post by 1024MAK »

Welcome on board George!

:D :D :D

Mark
ZX81 Variations
ZX81 Chip Pin-outs
ZX81 Video Transistor Buffer Amp

:!: Standby alert :!:
There are four lights!
Step up to red alert. Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb :!:
Looking forward to summer later in the year.