New Jersey!!!!!!!

Introduce yourself to your fellow forum members - what was your journey into the Sinclair world?
gozzo

Re: New Jersey!!!!!!!

Post by gozzo »

no, you cant tell by colour, some of my issue 3s are green! look into the left of the expansion slot...if you can see a transistor and a few other components, its an issue 3, if not, issue 1.. also a capacitor to the centre right.....top pic issue 1 bottom issue 3
Attachments
ZX81_Leiterkarte.jpg
(622.77 KiB) Downloaded 314 times
zx81_pcb.jpg
zx81_pcb.jpg (49.84 KiB) Viewed 2895 times
mrtinb

Post by mrtinb »

gozzo wrote:no, you cant tell by colour, some of my issue 3s are green! look into the left of the expansion slot...if you can see a transistor and a few other components, its an issue 3, if not, issue 1.. also a capacitor to the centre right.....top pic issue 1 bottom issue 3
Martin
https://zx.rtin.be
ZX81, Lambda 8300, Commodore 64, Mac G4 Cube
AmericanPi

Post by AmericanPi »

My PCB might be red. I remember seeing that and thinking how cool that was.

But plucking my baby's feet of :shocked:

I'll see what I can do.
It seems i may have break out my board and take a gander. Oh the humanity!!

But i guess i can always reattach the feet with some hot glue or something.
I heard VectrexRoli on YouTube talking about SellMyRetro and I see it here again. Maybe I'll take a peek.
Theres a name for rubber feet that cover screws in engineering, AW man I can't remember!!
blittled

Post by blittled »

AmericanPi, a word of warning if you open your TS1000. The keyboard ribbons may be brittle and crack. I've lost a keyboard or 2 opening up my TS1000s. All the ones I had had red pcbs. So handle it with plenty of TLC.

Right now I have 3 original working TS1000/ZX81s. One TS1000 has the keyboard ribbon fixed by trimming it back. Another is a TS1000 with a ZX81 SellMyRetro keyboard that I play with and an US version of the ZX81 that may have never been opened and NEVER will be that is stored away. I also have a spare keyboard if I ever need it. I also have 3 TS1000 16K Rampacks and a ZX81 16K Rampack. I also lost 2 TS1000s due to bad ULAs.

Sadly I had a TS2068 that I shorted out the power circuit and then it went through a flooded basement (which also destroyed a TS1000) so I no longer have it :(.

As you can see I have gone through at least a few Sinclairs most of which I got off of ebay. I've also blew up a few Commodore 64s. That is why I finally go one of Pokemon's ZX80Cores so if I blow that up I can easily replace it with common IC chips :D .
2X Timex Sinclair 1000, ZX81, ZX80Core, 5X 16K Ram Pack, ZXBlast, ZX P file to Ear Input Signal Converter, Elf II
Lardo Boffin

Post by Lardo Boffin »

AmericanPi wrote:
But i guess i can always reattach the feet with some hot glue or something.
Be careful what you use to attach the feet in case you need to remove them again.

I have successfullly reattached the original feet on a number of ZX81s with just double sided sticky tape.

The key is the completely remove all the old glue. If the TS1000 has the same feet then you need to peel off the old sticky tape (this will probably be on the foot) and then clean both the foot and the case. I used IPA (isopropyl alcohol) on the case to remove any residue I couldn't scrape off (using a plastic scraper not metal to avoid scratches) and then soapy water on the foot.
Leave it to dry and then put some more double sided sticky tape on the foot. Peel off the remaining layer and stick to the case. Leave it for a while to form a strong bond.

Don't use cheap tape else the foot won't stay on for long. Also if the case and foot are not really clean then it won't stay on for long.

Even if you buy new feet you will still need to properly clean the case.

Lardo
ZX80
ZX81 iss 1 (bugged ROM, kludge fix, normal, rebuilt)
TS 1000 iss 3, ZXPand AY and +, ZX8-CCB, ZX-KDLX & ChromaSCART
Tatung 81 + Wespi
TS 1500 & 2000
Spectrum 16k (iss 1 s/n 862)
Spectrum 48ks plus a DIVMMC future and SPECTRA