G'day from Canberra (OZ)

Introduce yourself to your fellow forum members - what was your journey into the Sinclair world?
MadGadget

G'day from Canberra (OZ)

Post by MadGadget »

Hi all,
New to this forum but not Sir Clive's great gadgets. Got my first Speccy when they were made available in Australia, so a long time. Next came the Interface 1 and Microdrive. My collection has grown a bit with 2 48Ks, a 48K Plus, Int 1, 2 ZX81s and a DivIDE and about 20 original games. I'm very keen to get a ZXpand for my 81s. Looking forward to the Spectrum Next as well. If you're not aware Canberra is the capital of Australia, not Sydney LOL.
gammaray

Re: G'day from Canberra (OZ)

Post by gammaray »

Howdy! ZX81's are Timex Sinclair 1000's in my neck of the woods. So I like to call them TZX81000's maybe 81's would be better. :P
5-TS1000,UK ZX81<-Sheelagh, US ZX81, 2-TS1500/KDLX , 3-TS2040 printer, 2-TS2020 cassette decks, ZXPAND+AY, ZeddyNET, ZXBlast, UDG, ZX8CCB, AERCO, BUILDS/REPAIRS ZX Spectrum, ZX80 Minstrel, ZXMAX48 v1 v2, 2-TS-2068, ROM, 16kRAM
RWAP

Post by RWAP »

Welcome to the forums - there are at least a handful of SInclair users in Oz :)
MadGadget

Post by MadGadget »

Thanks for the welcome, I've already been a customer a few times and keeping an eye on when the zxpand is available again.
MadGadget

Post by MadGadget »

You might be surprised by how popular Sinclair's are in Oz. Never saw Timex's here, got a watch though LOL
oscar

Post by oscar »

And a belated hello from me, in Adelaide.

I'm normally a regular reader here but "stuff" has gotten in the way for the last month or so, but that's now finally back to normal.

I started with a ZX81, and then Spectrum. Sinclair owners were definitely in the minority in Australia, compared to Commodore owners, but they did exist :)
PokeMon

Post by PokeMon »

What the heck is OZ ???
Moggy

Post by Moggy »

Australia/OZstralia shorthand for Australia and/or the inhabitants of said country.

From the web.

"Why is it called Oz?
When Aus or Aussie, the short form for an Australian, is pronounced for fun with a hissing sound at the end, it sounds as though the word being pronounced has the spelling Oz. The word Australia when referred to informally with its first three letters becomes Aus"
PokeMon

Post by PokeMon »

Ozzie has another meaning in Germany. :mrgreen:
Moggy

Post by Moggy »

PokeMon wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2017 7:26 pm Ozzie has another meaning in Germany. :mrgreen:
Do tell Karl do tell! :lol: