Hello!

Introduce yourself to your fellow forum members - what was your journey into the Sinclair world?
DanDoore

Hello!

Post by DanDoore »

Hello!

Over the past couple of years I've been trying to get again all the computer gear I either sold, couldn't afford or broke in the 80's and 90's and have a bit of fun tinkering, cleaning and fixing what I can as I go in an attempt to have some kind of hobby.

Or to give it's correct title: "Because I can't afford a proper mid-life crisis this will have to do."

So as part of this journey I acquired a ZX81 Issue 1 (which arrived on the 36th Birthday) and fitted it with a ZXvid so that it works on modern gear and a Memopack 16K just arrived too so my next task is to try and get something loaded from the PC via WinTZX.

Rex, indeed, is lying in wait.

Right, I'm off to put on my robes and sacrifice some farm animals to somehow get a ZXpand with AY :-)
Dan Dooré

The huge ever-growing musty pile of stuff that comes from the centre of the Retroworld
ZX80, ZX81, Spectrum 16K/48K/+/128K+/+2/+2A/+3, Sam Coupé
gammaray

Re: Hello!

Post by gammaray »

Howdy! from Texas... we don't really say that in the city. Surprise there are cities in Texas. I echo the mid-life crisis comment.

:)
5-TS1000,UK ZX81<-Sheelagh, US ZX81, 2-TS1500/KDLX , 3-TS2040 printer, 2-TS2020 cassette decks, ZXPAND+AY, ZeddyNET, ZXBlast, UDG, ZX8CCB, AERCO, BUILDS/REPAIRS ZX Spectrum, ZX80 Minstrel, ZXMAX48 v1 v2, 2-TS-2068, ROM, 16kRAM
Moggy

Post by Moggy »

Hi Dan welcome aboard. :D

look the various threads as there is much information there and a ton of knowledgeable folk here who will help I'm sure. :D

No need to don robes to acquire a 'spand, just do what I do. Kneel down in front of Sir Morris take out your wallet present it to him and incant the following..."please help yourself o mighty one."

That usually works for me. :lol:
sirmorris

Post by sirmorris »

Welcome!

(*Tsk tsk Moggy - I did wonder with horror where you were going with that as I read..!)
Moggy

Post by Moggy »

sirmorris wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:19 am Welcome!

(*Tsk tsk Moggy - I did wonder with horror where you were going with that as I read..!)
To paraphrase that well known purveyor of overblown American ballads, "Maltloaf"

I would do anything for a spand but I won't do THAT!!!