Greetings from Finland

Introduce yourself to your fellow forum members - what was your journey into the Sinclair world?
peejii73

Greetings from Finland

Post by peejii73 »

Hi all,

The little ZX81 was my first contact to computers in 1981. I had one assembled from kit, and that little beast really took my little finger with it. Then external keyboard (40 hall switches plus same amount of transistors :) ), AY3-8910 board, addon memory using 6116's (Elektor's universal memory expansion board), modified ROMs and countless hours of learning and experimenting. And, of course .. who remembers the line "D. P. AKNAI AND M. STREETON"? :D

Now I get my payslip by doing embedded systems HW/SW - many architectures, countless projects - but the good old Z80 will always have a special place in my heart. I still recall many assembly instruction hexes - always when I see e.g. 0x76 or 0xC9, I HALT and RETurn to those old memories.

So it's been well over 30 years, almost forgotten but due to little coincidences I got some time ago a bare issue 3 ZX81 board with exotically wired EPROM, and so it begins all over again. An external keyboard I already have, and now I'm waiting SirMorris to put out more ZXpand+'es.

As many other people here I also have lots of other stuff disturbing hobbies (work, family, ...) but I'll try to squeeze few moments to be spent with my first love every now and then. Funny, back then in college there was no money nor skills but an infinite amount of time. Now it's the other way round: skills have been developing, money isn't such a problem - but time, where are you! :D

Cheers,
-petri
Lardo Boffin

Re: Greetings from Finland

Post by Lardo Boffin »

Hi Petri and welcome!

Time is the missing link in all things once you have responsibility!

And skills in my case :P but I’m learning!

Lardo
ZX80
ZX81 iss 1 (bugged ROM, kludge fix, normal, rebuilt)
TS 1000 iss 3, ZXPand AY and +, ZX8-CCB, ZX-KDLX & ChromaSCART
Tatung 81 + Wespi
TS 1500 & 2000
Spectrum 16k (iss 1 s/n 862)
Spectrum 48ks plus a DIVMMC future and SPECTRA
dessony

Post by dessony »

Welcome to the forum! :D
Wm
sirmorris

Post by sirmorris »

Welcome Petri!
paul ron

Post by paul ron »

then after you retire, plenty of time to play with your old toys but you will discover your toys are missing the important parts to make them operate.
The more you say the less people hear.